Hi all,

I'm looking at investing an a Fender Pro Reverb from the (very) early eighties. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the amp. I've already consulted the Fender field guide, so I'm more looking for info about the overdriven capabilities, etc, etc. Let me know and thanks in advance.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
well during that era of fender, they were trying to make amps that had great tube life and were meant to stay clean. Sooooooo, it may not be that great overdriven.
however, i have a silver face bassman 50 that has an anti-overdrive circuit in it, and guess what, i can overdrive the **** out of it. you can hear it in my profile on the song "light a fire."
so those era fender amps are hit or miss, so go try it out. it will either be kind if Meh, or great.
Thanks much. I definitely care more about the cleans, which is why I'm even looking at this amp. (Beside the fact that it may be a bit of a steal) Still, a little versatility is never a bad thing, right? I'm not looking for anything past SRV, and I'm very open to pedals, if that's what it takes.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by carniferous
Thanks much. I definitely care more about the cleans, which is why I'm even looking at this amp. (Beside the fact that it may be a bit of a steal) Still, a little versatility is never a bad thing, right? I'm not looking for anything past SRV, and I'm very open to pedals, if that's what it takes.

I suggest you spend a bit more and invest in a 60's Blackface Pro Reverb. The Silverfaces and 80's Blackfaces arent going to appreciate in value as much as a Blackface. Besides, they sound better
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45