So this is my first ever made song. I will try to play and record it later and maybe post it then, but here's the guitar pro/midi version
Attachments:
joops.zip
Last edited by imposiitin at Feb 19, 2008,
Go to attachments. Review coming when I've done it.

EDIT: OK, I'll go ahead and say I'm not a fan of harmonizing. Just to get it out of the way.

The opening riff is cool, reminded me a bit of Enter Sandman at the beginning, but it comes into its own very nicely.

Now, the verse I like less. Those quick little harmonizing bits just aren't my thing at all. I also think you can kick out the pre-verse bits on every verse except the first, as the lack of drums makes it feel a bit disjointed the rest of the time.

The chorus is very good. Nice melody, well executed, short and to the point.

The bridge is OK, if a little uninteresting. However, the solo is excellent, very emotional while reasonably technical; I think it's the best part of the song.

The intro riff used as an outro is also a cool little feature. A 7.5/10 for occasional blandness, but a good, strong song otherwise.

C4C?
Last edited by webbtje at Feb 19, 2008,
what I like about this is that its believably something a band would play. You don't see that a lot in the metal compositions here, in my opinion.

The solo was great, and I'm sure that bar 101-104 sounds great on an actual guitar.

I didn't mind the harmonizing bits in the verse but I think they'd sound better on two seperate tracks overlapping a little over the rhythm. As it stands they sound kind of choppy to me.

The chorus was probobly my favorite part.

You managed to stay simple yet keep it interesting and not a lot of people can do that on their first try. Keep it up.