Okay so I work in a mall which happens to have free public wifi. I use it to surf the internets, as I'm doing right now, because my job is easy and boring.

I'm downloading some [completely legal uncopyrighted material] from the internets, and I was wondering if they would be able to know it's me who's using up all their bandwith, and block me from their glorious internets.

Just curious, because I can get a lot of downloading done otherwise.
Well it depends, what exactly is your job?

They could probably look into the dates things were downloaded, check who was working, and then they're done.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
they let you sit around and play with your laptop at work? isn't that enough?
yeah they can tell, really it's quite easy. and I don't think you should be downloading off of their bandwith, it's too risky for you getting caught and reported to the evil music gods... they frown upon such deviant acts
you could do what i do in college, i found out that they only monitor bandwith usage between 7am and 8pm, set that sh!t up overnight and reap the benefits of mass downloading!
Quote by wizards?
yeah they can tell, really it's quite easy. and I don't think you should be downloading off of their bandwith, it's too risky for you getting caught and reported to the evil music gods... they frown upon such deviant acts

Listen to this man. Nobody wants a spanking from Pete Wentz & Marilyn Manson at the same time.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Well it depends, what exactly is your job?

They could probably look into the dates things were downloaded, check who was working, and then they're done.

It's the mall's wifi. I just happen to work at a store within the mall.

I figure I might be okay since it could just be a random customer doing it for all they know.
Quote by sargasm

I figure I might be okay since it could just be a random customer doing it for all they know.

If you came to this conclusion to yourself, then why did you ask us??
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by sargasm

or not, as they'll se your unique IP address downloading loads of stuff, rather than a random customer who would do it like once
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by sargasm

They will have your MAC address that is unique to your computer, but that should be okay as long as they don't get your laptop to check it. Also, right click on 'My computer' >Properties and make sure under 'Computer Name' it doesn't say your name or anything that could identify you. Click on 'change' to change it if it does identify you, as that will also be shown to the mall's wifi box along with the laptop's MAC address.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Solution:
Download NETLIMITER, limit your overall bandwidth.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||