I have a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Special-II that I bought roughly around 2-3 years ago and just starting to play again (Didn't have the time back then). Wanted to know if it's a good guitar to use for a beginner, I don't remember much about the price when I bought it or if it was good, I think it was between 300-400 at Long and McQuade with the whole set (Tuner, Amp, Bag etc.) Also, should I do anything to fix it up after three years? I'm guessing it needs to be tuned, which I can do myself, but do string need to be replaced? neck fix?

Thanks.
I can almost guarantee that your strings need replaced. You'll be able to tell by looking at them. As far as the quality of the guitar, as long as you can play it then it's a good beginner guitar. There's no sense in buying another electric when you already have one to learn with.
Quote by sergeantpepper
I can almost guarantee that your strings need replaced. You'll be able to tell by looking at them. As far as the quality of the guitar, as long as you can play it then it's a good beginner guitar. There's no sense in buying another electric when you already have one to learn with.

Oh I wasn't going to buy another, just wanted to know where mine stood in comparison.
I have the exact same guitar as you its good if your looking for an AC/DCish sound its alright for metal if you down tune. I enjoy int vary much
This works for almost any situation....

Quote by PaulyVengeance
Punch it. Punch it until it goes away.