A vid of 2 original riff ideas and some improv soloing...
Here
As the description states, the solo on the second part was a first take improv.
I really liked it. Some effects like delay would be awesome on the solo in the clean section.

heres mine if you wanna check it out.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Feb 19, 2008,
The first one really isn't my style - but it does display your prodigous metal-ish chops. Sounds cool - just not the sort of thing I'd listen to.

The second one I do like. Makes me think the 1st one would probably grab me more with some more instrumentation.

It's neat being able to see the vids - but I wonder if you've got audio-only of that 2nd thing that might be higher in fidelity?

Here're a couple of things I posted to share...

My Whammy Madness in Em thread.
My Relationship Mode thread.
Both were sick as hell man, good job! I really dug the riffage, and the 2nd piece was beautiful..

Hell of a computer there to man, freakin screen saver goes from one monitor to the other..... don't see many guitarists with a setup like that hehe,,, usually that money goes towards gear! lol just kidding man, killer sh!t
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I really liked it. Some effects like delay would be awesome on the solo in the clean section.

I can totally hear that. I think that solo patch had some on it, but not enough. I'm glad you liked it tho man!

Quote by SSSteve
The first one really isn't my style - but it does display your prodigous metal-ish chops. Sounds cool - just not the sort of thing I'd listen to.

The second one I do like. Makes me think the 1st one would probably grab me more with some more instrumentation.

It's neat being able to see the vids - but I wonder if you've got audio-only of that 2nd thing that might be higher in fidelity?

I really appreciate that man! lol, yeah, that first riff is kinda destined to be lonely, as nobody I know personally is willing to jam on it, but that's cool, I like writing in all kinds of styles, so that'll just be one for the vids...
and I actually don't have any additional recordings of either track as they were shot for the vid. I've thought about re-recording the second one, and solidifying a lead for it, and then adding maybe some light strings or piano... dunno yet. If I do, I'll be sure and post it.
Thank you again for the kind words!

Quote by Reildeal
Both were sick as hell man, good job! I really dug the riffage, and the 2nd piece was beautiful..

Hell of a computer there to man, freakin screen saver goes from one monitor to the other..... don't see many guitarists with a setup like that hehe,,, usually that money goes towards gear! lol just kidding man, killer sh!t

Thank you much!
Yeah, I'm a total computer dork. I built my own machine. I don't think I could function without having the two screens now. I can work on stuff and drag windows from one screen to the other, or have my recording program up on one screen and Fruity Loops up on the other, or my Internet browser on one, and a movie playing on the other...or whatever I need to do.

I have 3 seperate 80gig hard drives in the case, and a 500gig external...
A 3 GHz processor, 2 gigs of RAM, and a 512 7600 nVidia gfx card (which allows me to hook up two screens at once).