anyone ever had it or known anyone who has? Although I haven't actually gone to a doctor yet (today at 2:15) other doctors who I or my girlfriend have spoken with have said that it is a strong possibility. I looked up the symptoms and its kinda scary, cuz I fit the description pretty well. I've had a crippling headache in the same spot for almost a week, my neck's been really sore and stiff, my fever has been between 100 and 103.5. And from what I've read, it's a pretty serious disease. Anyone with experience with it have stories to share or anything to add? haha

btw, I know the pit isn't a doctor, I have an appointment today, I just want to know if anyone here has experience with it.
Do you have a rash that doesnt fade if you roll a glass over it?
Founder of the UG Church of Nihilists pm to join

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Dude if you suspect you have it, you should get yo ass to a doctor/hospital sharpish.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by System Overide
Do you have a rash that doesnt fade if you roll a glass over it?

Not the kind that's described by most sites I've seen, but I do have some strange rash above my right eye.
Go to the doctor.

Don't pass go, don't collect $200 - GO, NOW!!!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

My mum's workmate died of meningitis late last year.

BTW, possible meningitis can get you a one way ticket to A&E. However, since you've had it a week, it sounds like viral meningitis as opposed to bacterial. If it was bacterial and untreated, you'd probably be dead by now.
em, id get to a doctor ASAP . But if you've had the symptoms a week , then i'd have doubts that you have it . because from my knowledge of it, you'd be either dead or severely incapacitated in hospital right now if it was bacterial Meningitis . but its best to just get it checked (btw i did see that you are goin to doctor )
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My mum's workmate died of meningitis late last year.

BTW, possible meningitis can get you a one way ticket to A&E. However, since you've had it a week, it sounds like viral meningitis as opposed to bacterial. If it was bacterial and untreated, you'd probably be dead by now.

yea. I've been reading up on it and I have no clue. But my symptoms match up really well. Wiki says that some cases are "mild and resolve on their own."
I know a girl who says her arm exploded because of it. Her arm is pretty much a mess of scars.

You. Doctor. Now. Go.
uhhh, from what i know, teenagers are very suseptible to it...i know one kid on my school campus died of it last year or something..but his was the worst kind. and its very contagious. good that you're going to get it checked out.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last year a sixth former at my school went into a coma and died from it, i looked on his myspace and the the comments people left made me cry even though I'd never spoken to him.
sorry. just telling you what we know.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I knew two people with it...they both died...

Not meaning to scare you but that's just from my experience, there's probably better treatments and such nowadays
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by saxaxe
well you guys are doin a combination of making me feel better (since Ive had the symptoms a week and I'm still alive), and scaring the **** out of me haha.

Its a scary virus.
Quote by talia.
sorry. just telling you what we know.

right right, Im not blamin you. But I had very severe flu symptoms before the crippling headache headache and I read that meningitis can develop out of the flu, so IF it is, and if Im lucky, I'll be catching it early. Maybe?

Im scared
hold me
a guidance counselor in my brother's school died of it a few weeks ago.... better go to the doctor to get your problems diagnosed
I see no sign of fortress.
My maths teacher in high school's son died from it, I think it only took a few hours between them suspecting what it was, rushing him to the hospital and him dying.

If I suspected I had it I'd be going straight to a hospital/doctor.
well the campus health center told me to go to the emergency room. Just have to find a ride there. If this is the last time I see you, UG....thanks for the good times.
/\ Thats by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Meningitis is an infection in the protective layer of meningis that surround your brain and spinal cord. Either bacterial or viral is deadly. Viral more so because its harder to treat. Meningitis doesnt cause your arms to explode or stupid sh*t like that, but if you dont get some good medical treatment soon, it will kill you deader then hell.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
/\ Thats by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Meningitis is an infection in the protective layer of meningis that surround your brain and spinal cord. Either bacterial or viral is deadly. Viral more so because its harder to treat. Meningitis doesnt cause your arms to explode or stupid sh*t like that, but if you dont get some good medical treatment soon, it will kill you deader then hell.

Bacterial has a much higher mortality rate than viral, and viral is less severe, more often than not subsiding by itself. It may be technically untreatable, but in comparison to bacterial, viral mengitis is a mere cold.
Quote by saxaxe
well the campus health center told me to go to the emergency room. Just have to find a ride there. If this is the last time I see you, UG....thanks for the good times.

Can I have your avatar when you die?
Yeah, viral subsides by itself. Cause as a viral infection it pretty much has to run its course. They can gives meds and things to help it so it dont kill you while it takes care of itself, but thats about it.

Bacterial is bad because there are a couple different bacterias that can cause meningitis. But I would never say that either one is better to have then the other, cause either one can kill you.