I bought a razorback, and I was wondering if you guys recommend me buying a Bill lawrence L-500XL pickup to replace the crappy dean humbucker? So I would have the dimebucker and the bill lawrence pick ups. Would that sound right? Which one should I replace?

Thanks
i own bill lawrence pickups... they shred like no one's buisness... i have the 500xl in my bridge position and then the 500R in the neck, and the 500R is very warm and great for clean stuff if you decide to use it for such, add some distortion to it... and it is a very creamy tone and great for solos and whatnot... over all a very good combination for pickups
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
www.billlawrenceusa.com

the L500XL (bridge) is the one dime used, but I think he put his in the wrong way around, so if you're aiming for Dimes tone I'd suggest you get that (assuming you have a decent amp etc).
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
www.billlawrenceusa.com

the L500XL (bridge) is the one dime used, but I think he put his in the wrong way around, so if you're aiming for Dimes tone I'd suggest you get that (assuming you have a decent amp etc).

Yeah so he put the L500XL in the neck pickup position right?
I have a Randall amp so Im hoping it will sound good.
Do you guys think I should keep the Dimebucker in the bridge?
Maybe i should replace that too..
So from what Ive heard Dimebag used a SuperDistortion pickup in the neck and a Bill Lawrence 500XL in the bridge? Is that right?
Quote by Dimelives
Yeah so he put the L500XL in the neck pickup position right?
I have a Randall amp so Im hoping it will sound good.
Do you guys think I should keep the Dimebucker in the bridge?
Maybe i should replace that too..

no, he put it in the bridge but put it in the wrong way around.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Edit your posts, but no Dime used the Duncan 59' as far as im aware in the neck position. Ultimately it would be foolish having two high output pickups in the same guitar, keep the Lawrence in the bridge, it truly slays.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
no, he put it in the bridge but put it in the wrong way around.

Alright nice, since I have no clue how to put in Pick ups, Ill prolly take it into my local guitar shop and tell them to put it in the other way around!

Is this the pickup Dime had in the neck:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEYMOUR-DUNCAN-59-MODEL-SH-1B-HUMBUCKER_W0QQitemZ320218696175QQihZ011QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by Dimelives at Feb 19, 2008,