whats the proper tuning frequencies for standard E
and drop C
are they both 440?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
If I understand what you mean (what 'mode' you should have the tuner on) then yes.

if that's incorrect then it's way off. 440 hz is the frequency of the 12th fret on the A string. An octave lower than that is 220, lower again 110 etc
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Tuner should be set to 440Hz, as far as what each note is then no, neither of those two notes are 440Hz as the guy said above. No two notes have the same frequency (unless of course they are both the same note on the same octave).
but ont he tuner when i'm tuning should i always have it at 440?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
but ont he tuner when i'm tuning should i always have it at 440?

yes (unless you want to detune by a quarter step)

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Standard practice of symphonies accross the globe (except in germany where they go to 444hz, why I don't know) is to tune A to 440 hz and the rest from there. So find where your A is, tune it to 440 hz and go from there
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
Standard practice of symphonies accross the globe (except in germany where they go to 444hz, why I don't know) is to tune A to 440 hz and the rest from there. So find where your A is, tune it to 440 hz and go from there

DONT tune your open A string to 440hz, it's an octave higher than the string is supposed to be at.

Quote by element4433
To put it simply: leave your tuner at 440. Just leave it at 440 and use it to tune normally.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself