Page 1 of 2
Okay im pretty bored.....
So i have been thinking what Signature guitar is the least overpriced or just really worth the money?
there is only 2 guitars that i don´t think is overpriced and thats the Ibanez PGM301(Paul Gilbert signature) and EBMM JP6 (the fully loaded one w/piezos) i also think that the higher JS models are great but Jems are far to overpriced (gorgeous but overpriced)
Am i missing something out?
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
Okay im pretty bored.....
So i have been thinking what Signature guitar is the least overpriced or just really worth the money?
there is only 2 guitars that i don´t think is overpriced and thats the Ibanez PGM301(Paul Gilbert signature) and EBMM JP6 (the fully loaded one w/piezos) i also think that the higher JS models are great but Jems are far to overpriced (gorgeous but overpriced)
Am i missing something out?

I'd have to agree with you on both of those.

Also, look at some of the Vigier signatures, like the Shawn Lane model.

On top of that the Japanese Fender Ritchie Kotzen Telecaster seems a pretty good deal:

Finally, there are a few American Fender signatures like the EJ strat and up to a certain extent the Yngwie Malmsteen strat.

If you look at other companies you'll probably find more.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I'd have to agree with you on both of those.

Also, look at some of the Vigier signatures, like the Shawn Lane model.

On top of that the Japanese Fender Ritchie Kotzen Telecaster seems a pretty good deal.

THERE IS A SHAWN LANE MODEL :O that´s something i gotta check out, incredible guitar player (R.I.P) but still isn´t it expensive (because its a Vigier )
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
THERE IS A SHAWN LANE MODEL :O that´s something i gotta check out, incredible guitar player (R.I.P) but still isn´t it expensive (because its a Vigier )

Yes, they're not cheap, but neither are the non-signature Vigiers, yet they're well worth the price.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Yes, they're not cheap, but neither are the non-signature Vigiers, yet they're well worth the price.

Yeah, top quality guitars, and btw those are very nice! like the finishes. Hows your Vigier? doesn´t it play wonderfully
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
Yeah, top quality guitars, and btw those are very nice! like the finishes. Hows your Vigier? doesn´t it play wonderfully

It sure as helll does

Anyway, to keep it on topic,

The EBMM Steve Morse:

Just like a lot of their other signatures, it's a pretty damn good deal.

The Vigier Bumblefoot model:

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 19, 2008,
i hear the fender jimmy vaughan strat is great. its made in mexico and less than 600 dollars american i beleive
Quote by Bonsaischaap
It sure as helll does

Anyway, to keep it on topic,

The EBMM Steve Morse:

Just like a lot of their other signatures, it's a pretty damn good deal.

Yeah i noticed many of their guitars are based of the EBMM Silhouette or is the Silhouette based of all their signatures?, because all EBMM does look very similar...
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by chea_man
i hear the fender jimmy vaughan strat is great. its made in mexico and less than 600 dollars american i beleive

Jimmy Vaughan?? HAHAHA don´t you mean Stevie Ray Vaughan? it´s like you mixed up Jimi Hendrix and SRV together
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by stebbic
Jimmy Vaughan?? HAHAHA don´t you mean Stevie Ray Vaughan? it´s like you mixed up Jimi Hendrix and SRV together
No, dude. Jimmy Vaughan. Like, Stevie's big brother.
Quote by stebbic

No, hes SRV's older brother
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Bonsaischaap

On top of that the Japanese Fender Ritchie Kotzen Telecaster seems a pretty good deal:

WHERE CAN YOU BUY THAT INCREDIBLE INSTRUMENT?????????
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Jimmy Vaughn does exist. Related to Stevie.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Back to the subject of Bonsaicheaps Vigier, i had an image of my head of you playing it with a bow for some reason XD
/CENTER]
Quote by Flying Couch
No, dude. Jimmy Vaughan. Like, Stevie's big brother.

Damn haha i got flamed :P never been a big SRV fan and i thought if he had a famous brother i would have heard of him but i learned something new then
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Have to say PGM!
And the price on some used JEMs are awesome! A BSB $1400, which is £800, which is affordable in some respects! (for saying my Carvin was nearly £600).
EBMM JP. doesn't cost much more than a regular Sihlouette, and is a much better deal.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Bang for the buck?

Epiphone Tony Iommi SG.
Gibson USA Iommi pickups, mahogany body, set neck...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
id say the PRS SE Paul Allender is a great bang for the buck... and its sooo puurrty

Last edited by just17n8 at Feb 19, 2008,
All of Epi's signatures, and some of the Fender ones.

Specifically, the Epi Tony Iommi and Joe Perry signatures are superb value. Both are the on-spec with production Gibsons, just with slightly lower grade wood in the bodies and of course, the Epi neck and headstock. The pickups in both are superb though, and the basic construction of each (solid mahogany bodies, set necks, carved extra thick flame maple cap for the Joe Perry, etc) are much better than other such guitars at the same price. The downsides are that the Joe perry came in a rather garish finish that many people didn't like, and the Tony Iommi is pretty devoid of any special features. The Joe Perry one has been discontinued now anyway and replaced by the Slash Signature (which costs even more yet is much worse).

The Fender Richie Sambora signatures were great value too. They had almost the exact same spec as the current Eric Clapton signature strats (which cost twice what the Sambora signatures did), but with a coil-tapped humbucker in the bridge instead of just the regular single coil. They didn't cost much more than regular fat strats (mostly due to Sambora not being exactly the most famous guitarist ever), but were actually leagues ahead.
I don't think the Fender EC sig is that bad of a deal. i mean the guitar itself feels amazing. the mid boost is awesome too. $1400ish? i think it's nice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by stebbic

*facepalm*
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
The J Mascis Jazzmaster:

$840 (at my local store it's $700)

and

The Paul Westerberg First Act (I own one, it rocks, and I'll fight you to the death on that):

$180

Yeah, I like radically shaped/colored guitars with weird color combinations. And single coils. Deal with it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
JS1000 because it is worth every ****ing penny. Best playing guitar I've ever set hands on.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by ECistheBest
I don't think the Fender EC sig is that bad of a deal. i mean the guitar itself feels amazing. the mid boost is awesome too. $1400ish? i think it's nice.
It's not bad. It's just not good either, especially when the Sambora strat was exactly the same + the option of a humbucker (true coil-tapped if you really want the single coil in the bridge), and cost several hundred less. With the Clapton strat you really are paying out a couple of hundred more just for the fact that it's got Clapton on it.
In terms of the sheer technical aspect, you're paying more for less.
Quote by bokuho
It's not bad. It's just not good either, especially when the Sambora strat was exactly the same + the option of a humbucker (true coil-tapped if you really want the single coil in the bridge), and cost several hundred less. With the Clapton strat you really are paying out a couple of hundred more just for the fact that it's got Clapton on it.
In terms of the sheer technical aspect, you're paying more for less.

clapton strat has the active midboost system and a fender TBX tone control. its not worth the price difference between the sambora strat, but definitely a good thing. sambora strat has a mid boost system too, but it's an inductor in there that generates the boost. different concept from clapton's strat. sambora strat would have a higher output impedance than the clapton strat (which has real low output impedance) too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the RR1 model is pretty good.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
My guitar center had a a barely used Dan Jacobs ESP signature and it was going for $300 and it was the highest quality version not the cheap sig but that kinda thing is rare
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by stebbic

wow, i bet you feel stupid now.
Quote by Whiskky
+1 TO THIS GUY'S REQUEST!!

It's a Japanese Fender.

I used to think you couldn't get one outside of Japan, but it turns out you can.

I asked someone I know at a semi-large (not nearly regular GC store large) guitar store in The Netherlands and he told they could get them for roughly 8-900€.

Basically, you should ask a few Fender dealers if they can get a hold of one for you.

For further proof that this is an awesome Tele:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vJ_nq5W-Ndk&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T2bXl5AwX8Q

And for someone who's not Ritchie playing it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WOmqKccBTOc

So, in summary:

1) go to a Fender dealer

2) ask if they can order a Ritchie Kotzen Tele

3) be one happy guitarist
esp ltd hk-602 costs about 1,100 but this guitar is simple and sounds amazing. what esle do you expect from kurk hammett

even less is the kh-202 looks the same but doesent have as good of sound and floyd rose tremello.

Quote by stebbic

you just owned yourself dummy
shecter jerry horton tempest. lots of nice features, unique shape, and under $700
The Jeff Loomis signature has always seemed to have a perfectly fit price to me
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Page 1 of 2