Sorry that my first post has to be posting a thread, but I really need an advice from anyone that knows about Ibanez guitars. I've played around 3 years on a some-what ok Marshal's "Rocket Special", and now I'm looking to buy an Ibanez one, because I've played a few times on several ones, and I really liked the sound and mostly everything about it. I listen to all sorts of metal, from basic ones to progressive and technical stuff, my band is in for playing heavier sorts of metal, so, I'm looking an Ibanez up to like 700-800 euros, if any good around that price . If you have any suggestions, please say so , thanks
S470 or an RG

it depends on what type of sound and enck you like, it it needs to be a really thin neck then the RG or if it has to be dark sounding get the S series
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
i dont really kno how much it is in euros but the Xiphos is $650 n if its to pointy try the RG1570...unless u want a 7string then get a S7320
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Ibanez RG321. Solid guitar, solid hardware, no trem to mess with. Unless you're comfortable with one, then the RG550 is good - most people dig them. I prefer the S series though - the S470 is a good choice. Either has low action, smooth wizard II necks, and solid hardware. In the long run, if you play a lot of whammy, you might wanna throw a floyd in it at some point. Otherwise, they're nice. The pickups on most Ibanez are nothing special, but they're not awful either. Definately good enough to gig with until you find a good one to replace it - I went with a DiMarzio Evolution.

Anyway - S470 or RG 350-550. Those are my suggestions. The only issue people have with the RG is that some are Basswood bodies - a lot of people prefer other woods. Try them and see what you dig.
^^I second the Ibanez RG and S series... really good guitars overall for the prices.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by strat0blaster
In the long run, if you play a lot of whammy, you might wanna throw a floyd in it at some point.

What? The ZR is way better than a Floyd
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
S is where its at. A prestige RG or hardtail RG if you can afford it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
S470 for quality at a lower price, RG2550z/RG1570(costs around 600 euros-700),the RG321 if you want hardtails,the new SZR series looks classy...If you want a hardtail S series.Don't go for any Ibanez with an Edge III tremolo, they wear out fast...Friend's one died after 2 years...=(
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
What do you want? Tremelo or not
If you wan't tremelo take an S serie or something, ore the X thing,
maybe you can take the mike thompson signature

Whitout tremelo take an Sz or like mine an expencive rgr
Quote by Ichimaru
What? The ZR is way better than a Floyd

not at all, it's just different - I prefer the feel of a Floyd type, the ZR has more of a Kahler vibe to me.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com