I'm thinking either the Behringer BXL1800 or the BXL1800A. The two amp are exactly the same with the only difference being that the BXL1800A has an aluminum cone speaker and costs $20 more. Is aluminum a better buy or is it just something added to make it more expensive?
The speaker would be less likely to blow.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Don't get Behringer please. The quality is so shoddy and the tone is pretty atrocious to. What is your price range and I might be able to recommend something different.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Don't get Behringer please. The quality is so shoddy and the tone is pretty atrocious to. What is your price range and I might be able to recommend something different.

+11eleveteenthousandz

For all that is holy, don't waste cash on a Behringer. Save money, buy something that will last long years.

What's your budget...

DS
Roland Cube 30 if you can stretch a little bit.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Roland Cube 30 if you can stretch a little bit.

It's only 30 watts for $295. For the same price I can get a Behringer with 300 watts. I understand the tone is better on the Roland but volume is also important to me.
It's not only tone though. It's also QUALITY, its very likely to **** out on you at one point. Maybe a GK brat halfstack would work for you, but the speaker is iffy.
EDIT: 30 watts is plenty loud for home practice. I don't know if your gigging and jamming with a band though and if you are. You really need to shell out some more $$$.
Quote by doggy_hat
Last edited by BleedDeathMetal at Feb 19, 2008,
Behringer's quality unfortunately is very shoddy. I've had GC employees tell me NOT to buy it because they either breakdown within a short period of time and/or people just keep bringing them back.

Also, be careful about how the wattage is listed. Behringer's been known to state their PEAK wattage and not RMS, which can be very misleading.

You might want to check the Bass forums for more information, but I'd strongly suggest going with something from Peavey or G&K.

For example:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien-Krueger-Backline-110-Combo-103055984-i1145823.gc

Problem is, with the $250 limit, it's well, limited. As for going with Behringer, sure you could get that now, but when it breaks, you're out $250 (unless you're lucky enough to return it). You could simply save the $250, save up more, and get a much better amp.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Feb 19, 2008,