I think I'm getting one from my friend this week! It plays like silk. Wish me luck!

To get to the point, what does this forum think of KV2s? Anything I should know before buying it?
Those guitars are Ace pretty much, if you like Floyds it should be right up your alley.
Lucky!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
what does silk play like?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
By silk I mean the action is like butter. It's just very sexy. It also helps that I'm getting it for like $600 off the retail. I can pay my friend off as I wish too, becase he's my friend! Score!
Anything you should know? Neck is very thin, but you've played it already so you obviously like it that way!

I've heard stuff about the truss rod not being properly aligned, see here : http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MH3yZNz3_M

however this has never been an issue with my KV2. That guy could have just been unlucky.

All in all it's a great guitar, and yes it's surprisingly comfortable to play sitting down! It plays great and sounds great, good luck and enjoy
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by ThrashIsGreat
By silk I mean the action is like butter. It's just very sexy. It also helps that I'm getting it for like $600 off the retail. I can pay my friend off as I wish too, becase he's my friend! Score!

nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mind Kill
Aw, the KV2 is my f**king dream guitar...

F**k, Mine too!
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
$600 off retail AND you can make payments instead of all at once....Then again I got a Fender bassman half stack for $75. A deal to be found every day I guess.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab