Page 1 of 2
Oh, Microsoft

I feel this needed its own thread, just so everyone can see. I thought it was funny.

The GDC (Game Developers Conference) is going on right now, and guess what happened at Microsoft's booth? The 360 RROD'd.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
owned.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Back when Microsoft were developing Win98 they were doing a demo to show off it's 'cool' plug in and play ability, they plugged a scanner in and immediately got a bsod
well its not really a ring. more 3 quarters
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Back when Microsoft were developing Win98 they were doing a demo to show off it's 'cool' plug in and play ability, they plugged a scanner in and immediately got a bsod

I love all these acronyms flying around
Quote by Fishyesque

I love all these acronyms flying around

Heheh, I admit I like to use them to make myself sound more intelligent
Quote by jakemac
HAHAHa. My 360 is really unreliable.. I'm hoping to get a ps3.

If you ever have any questions, you know where to find me
So? I Lol'ed I guess, but Microsoft stuff always fails. I want Apple to release a gaming console.
I think around half the people I know with a 360 have got the ring of fire!
I love the Xbox, but MY GOD if it isn't annoying. I love the online service and the things I can do, but dammit sometimes I wanna punch yet another baby in the face for all the crap microsoft puts into it (I bought several XBLA games at a friends house since mine didn't have internet, worked fine. Brought the hard drive back home, THEY ALL CAME UP AS DEMOS) and the fact that they have the most phenomenal customer service doesn't help.
Wow ... somehow that doesn't surprise me.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by bartdevil_metal
So? I Lol'ed I guess, but Microsoft stuff always fails. I want Apple to release a gaming console.

Hey now. I'm not a fan of Microsoft, but since Smokey Amp isn't here, I'll have to be the one to say something along the lines of "They aren't perfect, but they're far from terrible."

Everyone's everything always fail. Just some more than others. Microsoft is a software company first, hardware company.. 2nd? Or 8th. Or something. But when you're new(ish) at something, you're bound to have a few mistakes.

And Apple couldn't compete. I don't see them being able to bring something new to the table.
Quote by destroy_techno
They've been there and it failed miserably..

That wasn't with Jobs at the head of the company though, was it?
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Microsoft always fails? What operating system are you using right now? (and don't answer if you're on a Mac )

And I'm sorry, but Apple suck. Everything except the original iPods are over-priced, unoriginal peices of crap IMO. An Apple gaming console would probably do well though, considering the idiots who buy their shit.
Quote by Tom_hatton

And I'm sorry, but Apple suck. Everything except the original iPods are over-priced, unoriginal peices of crap IMO. An Apple gaming console would probably do well though, considering the idiots who buy their shit.

You realize you're worse than him?

I'm sorry, but they aren't pieces of crap, and the console would fail.

Sorry. And they aren't overpriced, at least not as extreme as everyone makes them out to be.

Your opinion is wrong.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Microsoft always fails? What operating system are you using right now? (and don't answer if you're on a Mac )

If the apple fan boys sniff this thread out it's going to turn into a PC vs Mac thing.

And a Mac console would probably fail at this stage since there's 3 decent consoles on the market already.

If any one else wants to join the market they have to wait for one of the current 3 to pull a saturn/dreamcast/gamecube and crash right out of the competition.
Quote by freedoms_stain
If the apple fan boys sniff this thread out it's going to turn into a PC vs Mac thing.

And a Mac console would probably fail at this stage since there's 3 decent consoles on the market already.

If any one else wants to join the market they have to wait for one of the current 3 to pull a saturn/dreamcast/gamecube and crash right out of the competition.

Yeah, 3 is a crowd. Developers wouldn't want to work with another console.

And don't worry, if this starts to turn into a debate, I'll just delete the thread
Quote by freedoms_stain

Gamecube didnt crash, the wii came out...
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.
Quote by destroy_techno
no, but I doubt they'll try it again though

Jobs wouldn't let that happen. They recently made some gaming related patents, and had job listings for game developers and other like things.

The most I see them doing is making a handheld. Still seems far-fetched, though.
Quote by Fishyesque
Jobs wouldn't let that happen. They recently made some gaming related patents, and had job listings for game developers and other like things.

The most I see them doing is making a handheld. Still seems far-fetched, though.

apple or microsoft? i can see microsoft but not apple doing it
If apple made a games console it would be too young and cool (compared to old, suit wearing, boring microsoft) to play games, it would only play the latest indie pop sensation's albums.
Quote by porchmonkey4lif
Gamecube didnt crash, the wii came out...

I dunno how it was where you were but the gamecube section of shops sharank into non-existence over a year before the wii came out here.

Currys sold them at £25 each NEW.
There's a video on Youtube of one of the producers of Assassin's Creed demonstrating the game at E3 and and it glitched, with one of the knights floating in mid air. REALLY awkward.

This =
Page 1 of 2