i am looking to play electric guitar, and was wondering have any of you got any tips etc, just in general.
Cheers.
Learn the names of the parts of your guitar how to tune, chords,
scales, how to read tabs, and how to read music if you can. And if
your stuck ask me or the other nice people of UG. Good luck, young
guitar warrior.
would you care to expand on that, i have no idea what that is, like i said, im new.
Quote by Noitalevier
Learn the names of the parts of your guitar how to tune, chords,
scales, how to read tabs, and how to read music if you can. And if
your stuck ask me or the other nice people of UG. Good luck, young
guitar warrior.

that was a more helpfull post.
thank you.
haha... im just playing around.

what kinda music you want to play.... the best way to get started is to learn songs your really into.. so you have something to relate to when you begin to understand music better
Seriously, find a qualified instructor in your area and start there first.
punk/rock is my kinda music. but i think im better off learning a few chords etc, before oving onto songs.

Noitalevier, how do you know if i am young?
yeah... chords are gunna get confusing.. cause you can play the same chord a bunch of different ways on the guitar.

a couple tips about chords... theres a freaking lot of different kinds of chords. but most songs are written with major and minor chords. so if i were you .. id just worry
about learning the major and minor chords first

chords are what songs are kind of built upon.. and chords are 3 or more notes played together. major and minor chords just use 3 notes...so like C major chord is the notes C, E, G played together... and E major is E, G#, and B played together

its kinda confusing i guess, .. what kind of punk bands you like/
Quote by Brynn999
punk/rock is my kinda music. but i think im better off learning a few chords etc, before oving onto songs.

Noitalevier, how do you know if i am young?

You are young in terms of guitar experience.
Quote by pepsi1187
yeah... chords are gunna get confusing.. cause you can play the same chord a bunch of different ways on the guitar.

a couple tips about chords... theres a freaking lot of different kinds of chords. but most songs are written with major and minor chords. so if i were you .. id just worry
about learning the major and minor chords first

chords are what songs are kind of built upon.. and chords are 3 or more notes played together. major and minor chords just use 3 notes...so like C major chord is the notes C, E, G played together... and E major is E, G#, and B played together

its kinda confusing i guess, .. what kind of punk bands you like/

You can't just expect him to know that the triad of C is C, E, and G.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/guide_to_chord_formation.html

That link will help you understand chord formation.
defensive you are getting, master Noitalevier... padawans gotta start somewhere.
it sounds confusing, ill get the hang of it sooner or later. never played a guitar in my life, so it will take a while. ive been wanting to start for ages, but never got round to doing it.

paramore, sum 41, zebrahead.

im young in terms of age too.
welll ..check it out... look up some songs you wanna try to learn on the site... and the tabulature should be self explanatory.. just go at it man