I am looking to spend around $1500 USD on an all tube amp. I play a epi les paul with Seymour Duncan Live Wire Metal pickups (active) with delays, reverb, and chorus so an fx loop would be great.

I play modern metal/hardcore (converge, between the buried and me) indie pop/rock (built to spill, modest mouse) and post-rock (explosions in the sky, do may say think)

I will be playing small to medium sized shows with this amp too.

I've been looking at the Peavey JSX, Krank Revolution, and Mesa Boogie Triple Rec. but i'm open to any and all suggestions.
the boogie or the krank
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
peavy jsx deffo it has an effects look and judging from what i hear from satch your be able to get any tone you want
That's a good chunk of cash you've got there. You can get something really killer with that kind of money. Out of the 3 you mentioned, the JSX has the best cleans. If you get the Krank you're gonna be pretty much bound to metal/hardcore. All three of those are pretty high gain amps, so if you're looking to play indie rock and stuff like that you might have a hard time.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Well, I've heard that Mesa Mark IVs are really versatile, so if that's within your price range I'd say that's something to consider. They're said to have nice cleans, good crunch and are able to do high-gain metal stuff, too.
get the JSX. you've got a pretty wide range of sounds, and it's def. the most versatile
Quote by Spoony_Bard
That's a good chunk of cash you've got there. You can get something really killer with that kind of money. Out of the 3 you mentioned, the JSX has the best cleans. If you get the Krank you're gonna be pretty much bound to metal/hardcore. All three of those are pretty high gain amps, so if you're looking to play indie rock and stuff like that you might have a hard time.

Couldn't I add something like a Blues Driver or an overdrive to the clean channel to give me a little crunch in the clean channel to play indie music?