well, i kinda need some spanish music for school. i searched the forum, and well, there's a lot of crap when you search spanish song. so now im taking suggestions. help?
Cookie for me?
Quote by ihaveatail
well, i kinda need some spanish music for school. i searched the forum, and well, there's a lot of crap when you search spanish song. so now im taking suggestions. help?

Solo para ti - Camila
Todo Cambio - Camila
Labios Compartidos - Mana
Revolucion de Amor - Mana
Me gustas como quieras - Milo Torres
Tu Carcel - Los Enanitos Verdes
Muñeca de trapo - La Oreja de Van Gogh

And I got many, many more.

Have fun.
If you mean spanish stuff for nylon/classical then look up Tarrega. Other than him maybe a song called Malaguena.
There are a great series of books by Gerhard Graf-Martinez called 'Flamenco Guitar Method'. Link - UK

They've taught me some wonderful pieces of music, but proper technique is vital.
Oh I despise this type of thread because everyone answers, which within itself it right but isn't what the TS wants.

First of all, you can distinguish between many types of Spanish music. Spanish Pop music, Spanish Rock, Spanish folklore and Flamenco. This is what makes it tricky. Flamenco, isn't Spanish music. It has it's roots in moorish, gypsy types of music etc and it's played by gypsies. Spanish, yes, but the music isn't Spanish. It's like saying the gypsy jazz of the Sinti is music from the Netherlands. They are from there but it isn't music from the Netherlands.

So, Tarrega is a classical guitar composer.

Malagueña has about forty thousand different versions.

Look up "copla". It's a type of genre of Spanish folklore. Rocio Jurado would be a prime example.

La Oreja de Van Gogh is pop music. Mana are mexicans. Never heard of Camila or Los Enanitos Verdes.

Anyway, do you have to learn how to play this music, or simply bring in samples? If it's the first, well that's going to take a good while, but if it's samples:

Flamenco: Paco de Lucia, Niño Ricardo, Niño Josele, Gerardo Nuñez, Vicente Amigo etc etc.
Folklore: La Pantoja, Rocio Durcal, Rocio Jurado, Maria Jimenez(sort of folklore and flamenco fusion)
Pop: La Oreja de Van Gogh, El Canto del Loco, Los Hombres G... Personally the only worthwhile one is the last group. Kind of rockish, with a nice groove. The music is very simple and not exactly characteristically Spanish.

Hope that helps guide you to what you want/need.
romanza
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
thank you everyone for the replies. i'm sorry i was so unspecific, but i had about a minute to type because i had to go to class and didn't get back until now.
i have to learn music that pertains to a topic country, which is Spain. i think for now, i'm ok with just doing samples. I'm probably just going to play background music as someone sings a song. the problem is i myself am not sure what we are going to play, so i thought it would be a good idea to familiarize myself with some spanish sounding music beforehand. and maybe, i could have found a song to sing as play.
but again, thank you . especially to confusious for having taken the time to explain all those things.
Cookie for me?