Hello guys,

I have a Fender Super Champ XD and when I plug my old Schecter guitar I hear no hum while on the distorion channel.
But when I plug my (still in test) gibson les paul studio it hums. If I touch the strings with my palm it hums less, but not less enouhg to get even close to the shecter.

If I umplug the guitar there is no hum at all.

is the guitar bad?

Thanks
Luis
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Your amplifier is pretty ****.

Wrong. I bet you haven't even played it either.
The schecter rocks end of that story :P but if its a high pitched hum, one of ur pick ups might be loose, its an easy fix, my guitar tech did it to my Bc rich for me cost about $10, but no its not a bad guitar
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
I think it might be an issue with grounding, but I'm not 100% sure. If that's the case, it will probably just require a little resoldering somewhere inside the guitar and it'll be good to go.
Quote by dsubstanceuk

That helped...

I agree on the Schecter comment.

Grounding issue on the Gibson most likely. Open 'er up and make sure all the wires are soldered where they're supposed to be.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by dsubstanceuk

DrEvil, it's most likely a grounding problem with the wiring in the guitar. Check that all the wiring is solid and that the input jack isn't loose or broken.
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Oh wait, I thought that was a hybrid.

hmm well, how about we find out about what is being talked about, before posting, hmm?

Oh and TS, it might be the grounding. Funny enough i have the smae thing with all my guitars with that amp, then again, i know they need their grounding sorted out. Maybe shielding ur pickups aswell?
if the jack has been tightened, the ground wire might have been pulled off, take the back plate off and have a look if anything is obviously loose
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
try adjusting the neck, or if its got string sthat're already on there, change them as it could be the strings rubbing against the frets.
Quote by dsubstanceuk

But why one guitar buzzes and the other one does not? I read good things about this amp the clean channel sounds amazing.
Quote by JackOSF
try adjusting the neck, or if its got string sthat're already on there, change them as it could be the strings rubbing against the frets.

This is not fret buzz, even when I don't play and the guitar is there on the stand, the hum is there.
There seem to be a big concensus that the guitar grounding might be wrong. I will take it to the shop since I got it yesterday, they should fix it for free.

The amp buzzes a bit if I put the volume to the highest, but I think that is normal for all amps correct?,

On the clean channel of the amp the buzzing goes down dramatically.
Quote by DrEvil
The amp buzzes a bit if I put the volume to the highest, but I think that is normal for all amps correct?,

On the clean channel of the amp the buzzing goes down dramatically.

Yeah, that's normal.