Sooo basicly next week my old primary school is having this music week, where loads of musicians are coming in to play to the kids, and talk about music to them. There going to be jazz, country, r'n'b, rock, soul etc etc basicly every genre. And the headteacher has asked ME!! To come in!

So me and a mate are going in to play music and talk about stuff to all the kids, about 150 children roughly in total . So....what songs should I learn to play to them? Also if i gotta speak about stuff what do I say?!?!

I'm mostly likely going to go acoustic (im getting my first acoustic on thursday ) So im going to be practiseing all week! We're going in on thursday.

So what should i learn? Songs that are well known? Some famous stuff? Anything under the rock music genre.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Last edited by stratele at Feb 19, 2008,
LAYLLAAAAA

It would be epic.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
You gotta play some Queens of the Stone Age for the little kiddies.

IMMORTALEDIT: If you're going acoustic play Mosquito Song.
Quote by TheQuailman
cannibal corpse.

Nah seriously, try some classics, like Sweet home alabama, or popular country songs.

Yep, do hammer smash face
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
stairway to heaven?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Well despite the gut wrenching pains it causes me to say this...........'Hey There Delilah'.

I'm so sorry
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by jeremessmore
what i got by sublime that song kicks major @$$

thats almost the first intelligent thing you've said. Sadly, they drop the f bomb too many times I'd think.

Play something well known, no accoustic songs come to mind immediately though
Quote by gosteelers75
thats almost the first intelligent thing you've said. Sadly, they drop the f bomb too many times I'd think.

Play something well known, no accoustic songs come to mind immediately though

how is that the first intellegent thing? don't mention my thread

oh and censor it like instead of "i can play the guitar like a mother F***in riot" say frickin or some kiddie a** bull****
Play something new, like your own version of 'umbrella' or something. I doubt any of the children will know any music before the year 2000.
TRANSFORMICE

Hmm...good luck thinking of a song, but remember to at least work in one song they will already know, "Do you know the muffin man?" should suffice
Quote by HaKattack
Wait a second..how did KoRn get you into metal? That's like Nancy Reagan getting you into heroin addiction and prostitution!
Quote by sloppyjoe24
superhero - stephen lynch

No, CRAIG CHRIST!!
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Depends. Are they 1st graders or 6th graders? 1st graders are still watching Barney, while 6th graders want to be 50 Cent or Eminem.
Huge difference.
Some folk rock like Simon & Garfunkel would be awesome, as already said, some popular tunes, and old known stuff like smoke on the water would be great too.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Some acoustic Foo Fighters stuff and something by the Beatles. That's what I'd do anyway...