last time i played my amp was yesterday, and it had a great sound as usual and i turned it off by turning standby on and then turning it off when the tubes took time to simmer down

today i come from school, and turn it on standby to warm up, all the lights work, all tubes are glowing, foot pedal is a-okay, but the amp wont make any sound

i have no clue what happened, i never change any important settings such as speaker level (its on 8ohms), I never move this amp anywhere, and ive tried different cables, as well as channels, and guitars.

what could possibly be wrong?

i see no other way but to take it to a tech and have it examined but id rather see if I can get any help from you guys.

I've had this amp for a while and the tubes were replaced around 2 months ago, I've only played this amp loud just a few times at jams with my band, and at school.

=(
master volume - Up :O
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Is the amp plugged in? or the guitar for that matter
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
everything is on and the way i usually have it, lol guitars are on, and they have passive pickups so no batteries
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
everything is on and the way i usually have it, lol guitars are on, and they have passive pickups so no batteries

k there goes my next question :P well the only other thing that could be wrong is ur amp has cancer, or aids, Or both take your pick
Quote by SharpSpoon

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by schecter_r0cker
k there goes my next question :P well the only other thing that could be wrong is ur amp has cancer, or aids, Or both take your pick

all those nights and she never told me

lmao any mechanical problems that might be contributing?
Quote by rancidryan
guitar problms??? try a diff guitar maybe

tried that already =/

i noticed that the amp doesnt even hum or pop while switching cables

i know if a tube burns out the channels might go off, or particular ones, but i checked and every tube is fine and glowing, im thinking there might be issues with speakers or the input but i dont want to experiment and hurt the amp =/
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Standby?

lmao ive played guitar 4 years not 4 days hahaha, but still thx for tryin to help haha
Quote by rancidryan
guitar problms??? try a diff guitar maybe

He said he did that already.
Damn half of UG can barely read.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
all those nights and she never told me

lmao any mechanical problems that might be contributing?

hahaha ur the first person not to say "**** off schecter" when I post that u rock u gets 1 internets or a cookie take ur pick, but u can't have both
Quote by SharpSpoon

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Last edited by schecter_r0cker at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
lmao ive played guitar 4 years not 4 days hahaha, but still thx for tryin to help haha

Doesn't mean you don't make stupid mistakes. I've been playing 6 and i constantly make them...
Quote by schecter_r0cker
hahaha ur the first person not to say "**** off schecter" when I post that u rock u gets 1 internets or a cookie take ur pick, but u can't have both

in any way can i trade those in for a working amp? lmao
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
in any way can i trade those in for a working amp? lmao

worth a shot, personaly I'd just eat the cookie, but w/e floats ur boat
Quote by SharpSpoon

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Doesn't mean you don't make stupid mistakes. I've been playing 6 and i constantly make them...

haha I know

ive even had moments where i look for my pick and its in my mouth, but right now im dead on sure that all the obvious things are taken care of
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
haha I know

ive even had moments where i look for my pick and its in my mouth, but right now im dead on sure that all the obvious things are taken care of

Okay then, valves? Output Transformer? Speakers connects?

Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Okay then, valves? Output Transformer? Speakers connects?

how do u kno the output transformers gone bad? and i havent checked speakers but theres a grille on the back of my amp and i dont move it around so i dont know why speaker cables should be loose

valves seem fine
it's probably just the tubes, most likely a pre tube if there's no sound at all.
"but i don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "we're all mad here."
~lewis carroll
Do you have any effects in line? If so check the batteries/ adapters. If they are buffered bypass than you won't get any sound through it, even if it's turned off.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
nope, i cant seem to find the problem, theres probably a short in the circuit inside

i have to take it to the doctor. thanks anyway guys
jesus, the amount of unhelpful advice here is astounding. i'm pretty sure the guy knows how to turn on an amp and plug in his guitar.

hey dude. there are 2 fuses near the output transformer in the TSL, just where the kettle lead goes into it. one of them is the HT fuse and i believe it's a 1A fuse. you can access it without opening up the amp. there'll be a little plastic "door" that you can open and pop out the fuse.

chances are this is your problem.

replacement fuse shouldn't be more that 1 dollar/euro a pack
maybe you accidentally pushed the output mute button next to the standby switch
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Is it one of those amps that wont produce sound if the gain is on 0?
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical