I bought today a brand new old stock Gallien Krueger 250ML, a legendary solid state amp from the 80's. Fired it up and all was working great until I decided to be a complete idiot and flicked the switch at the back which disables the internal speakers and outputs 2 x 50w channels for external cabs. Obviously I had no external cabs connected so there ws no load. The amp shut off and wouldnt come back on. I pulled the fuse out the back and it was blown(clear fuse so could see the broken wire). I'm praying that when I replace the fuse tomorrow, it'll all be ok
how much did u pay for it?
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
you might have
but for your sake i hope not
good luck getting it to work
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
sounds like you just blew a fuse. if its worse think of it this way, its only solid state
Gear nut
Quote by mrryan
sounds like you just blew a fuse. if its worse think of it this way, its only solid state

Only solid state? This amp is a legend. It's the best, most valve like solid state amp ever made. The amp is tiny yet it has 100W power to drive 2 x full stacks for a stereo set up.

And it cost me £360 as it was brand new old stock.
since it's solid state, it's most likely just the fuse, take it to a shop to be sure
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by XtAsY2007
Only solid state? This amp is a legend. It's the best, most valve like solid state amp ever made. The amp is tiny yet it has 100W power to drive 2 x full stacks for a stereo set up.

And it cost me £360 as it was brand new old stock.

i've never played one, i was just bustin balls
Gear nut
Why did you flip the switch anyway? As mentioned, with solid state it is likely just the fuse. Buy a pack, put a new one in. If it works all is well. If it blows right away try another. If that one blows you likely killed your amp bigtime and now it needs to see a tech for major repairs.
You're fine. Just replace the fuse.

You're never going to blow a solid state amp's transformer. It just won't happen.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece