I'm learning In Bloom by Nirvana, and it's coming along just swell, and I'm working on making it sound better. I have a Spider III Line 6 amplifier, and I was wondering what settings I should use to give the solo that buzz saw-like sound like in the original. I'm using the Cowboys From Hell setting (90S:COWBOY HELL) for the rest of it, and I think that sounds good enough for the verses, chorus, etc., but the solo just sounds...off. Any advice?
Throw in a bunch of weird things. Kurt Cobain's leads are usually drenched in something like chorus or octaves and other weird modulations.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by which ones pink
Try the Settings thread in Guitar Gear and Accessories.

And Hatebreeder, your sig was epic while it lasted

Yeah, it was getting on my nerves though!

Try GG&A as suggested.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Wow I can't believe no one has complained about his amp yet. Anyway if you are willing to spend money, try a EHX Small Clone, it should get you closer to the sound.
yeah ditch that amp.

unless you don't care about sound- thats where line 6's audience stands.

i have a spider ii 112 (75w)- got it on craigslist for 125, and holy **** i hate it to bits.