I just bought a new Squire Strat at guitar center yesterday...

Squire Affinity Strat

and I don't know exactly what to do with it yet...

I know I'm taking out all three pickups and putting in one Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge and a new pearloid pickguard.

otherwise, I don’t know what to do with it to make it original...

any tips?
(please, no porridge-related tips lol)
dude, all you'll have there is a polished turd.

i suggest you sand the squire logo off
get another neck plate
consider a distressed paintjob (burnt etc) maybe even alpine white with blood splatters
Why the invader?!?!!?! ?!?!?!!!!1 Tell me what kind of music you play and I will suggest a pick up in the same cost range but better.

I think that you should scallop your fret board, get new electronics, as those are bound to break.
well, all I realy wanted was the Strat style body, and this was an inexpensive way to get one.
otherwise, the Invader will change the whole sound of it.
it's sturdy and sounds cool, that's basically what I need

what I WANT is for it to look unique, and the blood thing would only add to my "gothic" guitar collection.
I have a black SG and a black Dot, but not because I want gothic guitars, because black was the only color available at the time.

I play punk (lite tho, like blink 182) and sometimes get into screamo or post-hardcore...
and I'm in a Christian-Post-Punk band
kinda like...
idk what...
taking my style and my bass player's style (we write the music), it's a cross between blink 182 and A Skylit Drive.
doesnt your sg fit the category in the first place?
how about a natural sanded down finish?
just take a look at the dimarzio super distortion, D activator, and Steve Special. It might suit you better,
I remember i had my mind set on getting 2 invaders, but after playing Steve Vai's jem series guitar, it sounded so much better to me.

And by the way scalloped frets are awesome. You could probably do it by yourself too, there are guides on the internet
Quote by metallica92
dude, all you'll have there is a polished turd.

i suggest you sand the squire logo off
get another neck plate
consider a distressed paintjob (burnt etc) maybe even alpine white with blood splatters

ive heard people suggest this before. whats so signifigant about neck plates?
Quote by thundrstruk891
ive heard people suggest this before. whats so signifigant about neck plates?

Absolutely nothing. It's bollocks. Unless the thing's cracked or something, don't replace it.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
an invader? possibly a delonge fan? Maybe you should do a SD SH-5 or SH-6 for the bridge. Put in new pots, get a new nut, a new bridge and new tuners. Even get a new neck if you can afford it.
Quote by mcrfobtai
an invader? possibly a delonge fan? Maybe you should do a SD SH-5 or SH-6 for the bridge. Put in new pots, get a new nut, a new bridge and new tuners. Even get a new neck if you can afford it.

yea, honestly, I like how his guitar sounds, and I know it's also the Mesa Boogie heads, but the guitar's sound is cool too...

basically, I was building a Tom Delonge Sig Strat for about $250 as opposed to $2000...
but I wanted to change some stuff to make it my own, rather than a copy of Toms, you know?

I wont be doing most of the work myself, because I've never changed pickups and I dont wanna skrew it up (a friend of mine ruined his Gibson SG trying to put new pickups in)

also, in case you didn't see the pic, it's got a sunburst finish, and I was thinking about going for a Hendrix V style paint, black with bright designs.

any idea how much a new paintjob would cost?
I'm thinking about dropping the SH-6 into my SG and the SH-11 into my Dot.
do you think that the thickness of the SH-11 would be too much if combined with a semi-hollow guitar?
Quote by PimpedOutSquier
Absolutely nothing. It's bollocks. Unless the thing's cracked or something, don't replace it.

BUT IF ITS A SQUIRE ONE IT'LL SAY SQUIRE ON ITTTTTT -1111111111111111