Trading in my Boss MT-2 for the Metal Muff.

I got the MT-2 at Christmas, but after hearing the metal muff I've been having second thoughts..so two questions..

Would it be worth it?

And if so

If I did trade my Metalzone in, how much would I probably have to pay for the metal muff?

And

So, my birthdays coming in two months, and I've decided that I should get a new amp. My plan is to save up and pay for about half of the amps price on my birthday.

The stuff I like to play and I come up with, are mainly hardcore, metalcore, and a little pop punkish at times.

So what amp would be good for this?

Right now I'm interested in the Vox Valvetronix line, but I've also heard some Peavy amps which sound amazing, and heard alot of good things about Mesa Boogie. Line 6 is possible, but I played on my friends Line 6 Spider III 15 watt and it sounded terrible compared to my 15watt in my opinion, so I'm not sure about Line 6.

Budget $300-$400 (just a guess)

Current Gear- Shecter Omen 6, Fender Frontman 15R(lol) and a Boss Metalzone.

BTW, a family friend said he would sell me a Marshall MG50(Not MG50FX) for 125, hes going to let me test it soon to see if I like it, but if any of you have any knowledge on that amp, feel free to share Smile
Thanks everyone!
The line 6's sound great, i have a 75 watt spider iii and its brilliant, or you could try a marshall if you like a more organic tone.
Line 6 SPIDERS = Horrible

Marshall MG/AVTs = Overpriced and horrible

Vox AD VT = ftw. Or roland cube 30/60/micro cube.

Metal zone = gay trade it for the muff.
Ok, Sense I want the Metal Muff..

Can I trade in my Metalzone without the box and everything, just the pedal?

and

If I can, how much would the MetalMuff cost?
the metal muff is better IMO... and amp wise... well... dont buy MGs, i have one and i dont like it at least... the spider is not good at all... valvetronix is ok but even though its a nice tube amp i dont trust modeling amps that much... id go for a regular tube amp... like a peavey valveking or a randall rg50tc
Ok well I know not to do the MG deal..but

I really want to get this one thing answered

Can you exchange a distortion pedal without the box and everything?
To answer your last question, every guitar store I've ever been in will trade/buy pedals without boxes, I bought a Boss V-Wah without the box, the only difference will be that you'll get less money. I would expect maybe half of what it retails for if it's in good condition.
Don't get a Metal Muff. Trade it in and put the money towards the amp.

Shoot for a Peavey 5150/6505 combo. With the pedal money it shouldn't be to far out of your price range.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
And, don't buy that MG. It will just be an oversized version of the amp you have now. And, it will suck just as bad...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Don't get a Metal Muff. Trade it in and put the money towards the amp.

Shoot for a Peavey 5150/6505 combo. With the pedal money it shouldn't be to far out of your price range.

You sure you're talking about the right amp? Everwhere I look, it says the 5150 or (now called) 6505 is 1.2 grand

Thats a LITTLE over my budget, haha.