first try at symphonic stuffs

hoping to start a symphonic metal band with a few friends

its unfinished, but opinions?

PS: please note, i am a guitarist. i know nothing of keyboards or drums, so yea...

~EDIT~

finished it =D
Attachments:
Symphonic thing.zip
Last edited by TeraBite at Feb 20, 2008,
This is great. I don't really see anything to criticize.

I really liked the bass part in the verse.

Nice work, it seemed a little short though.

EDIT: Didn't see that it said "unfinished."
Signature temporarily empty
just a little correction here
this is power metal
if you want to call it symphonic metal, it really needs like 6 different tacks of like strings 1 + 2 brass different instruments like violin and other things like timpani drums

but the song itself
it sounds pretty awesome so far
nothing really bad about it
just finiish it up
mabey put another sort of rythm guitar track in so its fuller sound and something to go during those empty parts
but right now looking to be a 10/10 song so just finish it right

but as it is id say 7/7, only because theres not that much to crit

c4c?
just click the link in my sig, thats some symphonic stuff for ya right there
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Crit:
This is a pretty decent song, as far as most songs around here go. Nothing spectacular, but it makes a good listen. The intro was awesome, although truth be told, I was expecting something a bit more epic.
For the verses, they are good, but I still can't decide whether they fit or not. With vocals, of course, it could be vastly different, but as it stands I'm undecided. The chorus is alright, nothing mindblowing, but the "main riff" I thought was excellent. The solo...well, I don't exactly feel right calling it a solo due to it's length. The first part I was prepared to be dragged into a world of emotional climax, yet it went to a generic, pseudo-shred lick that's all to common. If you could work on that, extend it, build upon what the first part was promising, it would make the song miles beyond just decent.

All in all, a solid song. In my opinion, it just needs more 'stand out' moments. My rate: 8/10.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7
just a little correction here
this is power metal
if you want to call it symphonic metal, it really needs like 6 different tacks of like strings 1 + 2 brass different instruments like violin and other things like timpani drums

That intro is solid. Verse is pretty awesome. I liked the breakdown the most. Brought the whole song together 9.5/10

Crit mine?
"Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"
Good up to the second verse where everything just got boring, like the breakdown. First half was great tough. I'd say add some variation and interesting riffs etc.

Good Job!

8/10 so far.

Quote by lceman13
You have nice hair!