Alright so this is my first song. I actually started this about a year ago and I've just been working on it every once in a while.

It's mostly just a compilation of riffs that sounded cool. It still needs some organizing. It's written for 3 guitars, a bass, drums, and a keyboard. I also need to change the solo because part of it is really impractical to play that fast. (the 8 16th notes before the triplets)

That's about it. Tell me what you guys think.

UPDATE!!! - 3/4/08

Doubled the length of the keyboard solo
Added a second guitar in the outro
Fixed guitar solo
Attachments:
Metal.zip
Signature temporarily empty
Last edited by Lord Of Donkeys at Mar 5, 2008,
You successfully composed a goal-oriented song, but it has no soul. There's no emotion in it.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
I like the beginning and the keyboard solo is pretty cool too. Just work on editing it more and adding things here and there and ull get it.
it kind of reminds me of tool actually, to the guy above me, vocals would probably add some soul into it. And i son't see anything impractical about it, i mean, you could tap that part i'm sure. good job!
Up the Punx!
Pretty cool!
Keep adding stuff if your still working on it to make it as interesting as possible.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Awesome thanks guys. Should I add this to my sig?

EDIT: Also, to Dvnc, it's impractial for me because I'd have to roll my finger to hit the 12th fret on the G and go directly back to the 12th on the D, but i guess i could just move the notes on the G string to the D string and tap them. Thanks for the idea.
Last edited by Lord Of Donkeys at Feb 19, 2008,
thats pretty good!!! it kinda reminds me off an old System of a Down song (back when they were still good)

have you ever had one of those moments where your like DAMN! i wish i couldve thought of that! yeah, well this is one of them haha
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
Quote by blasphemus666

have you ever had one of those moments where your like DAMN! i wish i couldve thought of that! yeah, well this is one of them haha

especially the solo!!! AH! good job anyway
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
that was really awesome
and i realy dont see what these aother guys are talkign about
theres emotion in it
really well written
didnt see anything that was too fast anywhere

did seem a little long though
mabey im just tired/bored haha
btu definatley a 10/10
nothing wrong at all
great solos too
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Whoa that's reaaaaaaaally cool. Only thing I didn't like was the guitar solo. That's just personal opinion though really, I'm not much of a shred solo sorta thing guy.

But it was really good. I couldn't help but bang my head along with it. *applauds*
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Dude that was excellent. Very awesome guitar solo. Very awesome harmonies to. Keyboard solo was short and sweet. Suits it very well. Only problem was i think the drums in the intro are abit out of place. But hey if you like it then it's all good.

9/10
"Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"
Liking it dude, liking it alot

Nothing much to say on it, its great, like your other stuff it fits together well.The solo is nice and creepy, the harmonisations are really really creepy

Never seen much like it in here, good work man, keep it up

One thing, i think the keybaord solo was too short, the ending with the horsedive really fitted the heavy section after it, but i think you should make it about 4ish bars longer.

9/10
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Your song is quite good and it does remind me of too..l the only problem is the over synth-y sound but thats probably from it being in MIDI
Quote by rojomeansred
Dude this is pretty awesome, really well done. It reminds me of the song home by dream theater (which is a good thing). The only thing I didn't like was how synthy everything sounded. Makes me want to check out your other songs.

I agree with rojomeansred, Dream Theater all out, it's really awsome, i loved every part of it, i don't know what the others are talking about the drums off time or something anyways

10/10
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
Alright so this is my first song. I actually started this about a year ago and I've just been working on it every once in a while.

It's mostly just a compilation of riffs that sounded cool. It still needs some organizing. It's written for 3 guitars, a bass, drums, and a keyboard. I also need to change the solo because part of it is really impractical to play that fast. (the 8 16th notes before the triplets)

That's about it. Tell me what you guys think.

UPDATE!!! - 3/4/08

Doubled the length of the keyboard solo
Added a second guitar in the outro
Fixed guitar solo

Well done, I like the way you incorporated the keyboard.
Personally I'd include an interlude but that's just my taste only.
I'd set about recording it now. Bear in mind that guitar pro never does music the same justice that a good musician can do it.
^ Yeah...

I bought a Digitech RP250 pedal recently and I think you can download a program and record on your computer through it. So once I buy a USB cable for it I may start recording.
I not sure if you can download any home recording software. I currently use Cubase LE - Got it free with my Zoom G2.1u.
Quote by cds+stereo=life
There's no emotion in it.

I disagree.

Great song, awesome solo!!! If anything make it a little more original, sounds a little too much like Godsmack mixed with Dream Theater. Its good, just overdone. Maybe change keys? Timing?
Ah sweet. Write some lyrics for us and let us know how it goes ^_^
Very repetitive, sounded EXACTLY the same the WHOLE time.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.