Hey i was wondering what overdrive i should get for rock, hard rock tone. Maybe something remotely close to EVH tone but obviously not going to just be able to buy just a pedal to sound like him. I play a gibson les paul through a crate BV120. Also maybe a distortion to get close to Metallica? Thanks!
how much are you willing to spend... also someone makes a evh pedal but im not for sure who it is. i have a digitech rp90 currently and am very pleased with its different tones.(it has a flanger, phaser, chorus, and multiple ods/distortions settings.)
my rp90 goes from acdc to metallica to pantera all with the push of a button

another one was the boss od/dist i tried it out the dday i got my rp90 and it had a good variety of tones to it...

but if at all possile try it before you buy it because preferences change from person to person and tones i like may be nowhere close to ones you do
tubescreamer can do it it all
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by jp58
how much are you willing to spend... also someone makes a evh pedal but im not for sure who it is. i have a digitech rp90 currently and am very pleased with its different tones.(it has a flanger, phaser, chorus, and multiple ods/distortions settings.)
my rp90 goes from acdc to metallica to pantera all with the push of a button

another one was the boss od/dist i tried it out the dday i got my rp90 and it had a good variety of tones to it...

but if at all possile try it before you buy it because preferences change from person to person and tones i like may be nowhere close to ones you do

Do point with guitar processors though. The drive channel on the amp will sound loads better anyways.

Just crank your amp and turn your mids up a turd load. Add a light phase and flange too. That should kind of get it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
crank your amp, get some voltage sag ont he tubes, turn the bass down a bit maybe, and use ur bridge humbucker to play.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
someone actually makes a pedal called "Brown Sound in a Box". I've never actually tried it, but its worth a look I suppose.
^if it does what it sounds like its gonna do, then yea its worth a look i suppose too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard