Jonan_
245 IQ
I have been looking at getting an acoustic lately and I have seen a few that have built in tuners. I know that some Washburns have them. Are there any other brands?
chippythingy
Guitar noob
274 IQ
PERSONALLY, i think ull get better quality for your money if u buy a tuner and guitar seperatly
zakass
10 IQ
I honestly thing taht most brands have them. Or at least the brands that do elctric acoustic guitars. I'm a fan of alvarez.
MacAdam
219 IQ
Takamine ftw!
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
adamrandall
UG's impatient bastard
1,568 IQ
i have an ibanez with one. theyre known for sort of crappy acoustics, but the EW series is awesome, imo.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Jonan_
245 IQ
Quote by zakass
I honestly thing taht most brands have them. Or at least the brands that do elctric acoustic guitars. I'm a fan of alvarez.

Oh cool. I have only been looking on line so far and I guess maybe it is so common that they don't mention it. I am going to have to go to the store and check them out. Any suggestions on which ones? I am not looking to spend too much as this will be a guitar to suppliment my other one. I want something that feels nice to play but when I take it somewhere I am not constently worrying about it getting a little dinged up (i.e. camping, friends houses, business trips)
burgurhead1812
awww...more lesbians
397 IQ
an ovation or takamine would prolly be your best bet IMO
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.
1,602 IQ
Ovation and takamine generally have them. many guitar companies will also randomly offer them depending on the electronics that come with the guitar.

generally, they do a pretty good job because they're right inside the guitar, but you never know. build in tuners are a nice feature, but should in no way be a large deciding factor when buying a guitar. instruments are all about sound... and maybe a hint of style.
LaLaLaLoopy
Loopy
447 IQ
I agree with chippythingy, get a seperate tuner, i have a new Tak with a built in tuner but it seems to sound better when i tune it with my other tuner...
Dok Waw
sisay ang maorag
88 IQ
Quote by chippythingy
PERSONALLY, i think ull get better quality for your money if u buy a tuner and guitar seperatly

yeah ........
Jonan_
245 IQ
I guess you guys are right, it would be stupid to by a guitar just because of a tuner. Especially since I already have a couple. I'm going to have to go to the store and try out a couple and see which ones I like. I will probably go with a straight acoustic instead of an acoustic electric unless you guys have any other suggestions.

Also thanks a lot for all the good input.
Schneiderman
Schneider
1,881 IQ
My friend recently bought a Parkwood electric/acoustic for $800, I don't know what model it is, but I do know it's one of the best feeling and nicest sounding acoustics I have ever played. I don't think there's a better acoustic in the world for the money. It has Fishman built-in controls.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's this one.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parkwood-PW360M-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512552
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself