Hello, Im a noob but really interested in what kinds of overdrive/ distortion pedal to get. Im looking for the Eric Johnson kind of tone or Joe Satriani type. I already own the Boss MT-2 and that thing is trash. What kind of gear are you rolling? Which should i get?
this should be in the guitar gears and accessories forum.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
MT-2 is a good start.... awesome and less than 100 American...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by joshua029
MT-2 is a good start.... awesome and less than 100 American...

its ok but, its to grungy and heavy for me. Im looking for a nice clean crisp distortion. Any suggestions?
I would reccomend these pedals:
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
and the defacto OD pedals:
Ibanez TS-101
Ibanez TS-9
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Quote by Ranger01
I would reccomend these pedals:
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
and the defacto OD pedals:
Ibanez TS-101
Ibanez TS-9

i second the blues driver!

wat kind of amp do you have?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
didn't read, you said the MT-2 is trash? what?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
it really depends on your amp. You could have the best guitars and pedals available, but with a crappy amp, it'll still sound crappy.
With a decent tube amp you can usually use the drive on the amp to get th tone you're looking for.

And yeah, I know you're new to the site, but I'd advise you not to bump your thread 2 minutes after you make it. Especially in the newb forum, which usually moves very slow, anyway. Also, just saying "lol tell me!" can come across as negative, and make people not want to help you. I know you probably just meant "Well, instead of telling me to go somewhere else for you to answer me, just tell me here/now.", but this is the internet, and the tone of your voice doesn't really come across very well in text. properly placed smilies usually do the trick .

And you'll get much better responses in the gear forum. Telling us your price range, as well as your current guitar/amp will help, too.

Sorry if anything came across as me just ranting at a noob, I'm just trying to help you get the best answers..
dude the boss mt-2 rocks!ok if its too heavy or grungy for you just try tweaking the settings to suit ur style