hey guys if i have an all tube fender hot rod deville amp with 2 12 inch speakers, would i be able to switch between a marshall head and my fender with a foot switch while still using the fender amp as the cabinets?
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Like bypassing the amp part of your tube combo? and just using the speakers, or do you need just a simple A/B switch?
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I dont think its possible. You'd have to figure out a amp>speaker a/b box, and the Marshall would have to be 50w max, it might still hurt the amp(s) if the amp isnt connected to a speaker.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
I don't think A/B switches are rated for speaker wattages, and switching would sound like plugging in a speaker with the volume up....snap,crackle,pop.
Quote by havocrus
I don't think A/B switches are rated for speaker wattages, and switching would sound like plugging in a speaker with the volume up....snap,crackle,pop.

Thats the problem with that theory, itd have to be something custom made that fades in the amp.... but that still doesnt solve the speaker load problem on the unconnected amp.....
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1