I recently purchased a pair of in ear skullcandy smokin ear buds and i now want a pair of over ear phones. My price range is any wear up to $125

Just wondering if any one has any suggestions
I got a pair of Skullcrushers and they suck. Just a warning.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
sennheiser, hd280 pro's are good but big, px100 if you want smaller.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Boss
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
Quote by MartiniKiss7
Boss

Boss?

If you mean Bose, you are wrong- they are awful for the price.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by Volta_91
Boss?

Lol, FAIL

Best pair of headphones I have EVER heard.
i got a pair of Sony MDR-V150s (studio monitor headphones) from Wal-mart for $20 and they're freakin awesome...best headphones i've ever owned
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Quote by Faux
+1
i got a pair and they are awsome

Yup, Bose ftw
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
lol dont buy skullcandy
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
This dude had some, and I forgot what they are called, but you're supposed to play bass on them overnight, and they sounded amazing after.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Bose are overpriced, bass-drowned devices at best.

When going into that kind of price range for headphones, you really have to start looking at the smaller companies like Grado, Alessandro, Sennheiser, AKG etc, rather than the electronics giants like Sony. And especially avoid the advertising scammers that are Bose.

If you want sound isolation (ie. not hearing what's around you, and being able to stop people from hearing what you're playing), then the Sennheiser HD280 are my top pick. Of course, with over-ears, you can go to an audio store and try them on. Point is, if you want sound isolation, go with closed cans; if you want the best sound quality possible, go with opens.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
i got the skull candy full metal jacket

its the best in ear earphone from them. i havent tried the other ones but they are real good, very bassy
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I agree Bose headphones are bass heavy. You just need to eq that out. They just sound so ****ing amazing.

I had these. They're pretty good, great sound quality and were very comfortable, but unfortunately they were also pretty flimsy. I went through two pairs and both times the one of the ear pieces snapped off. And it's a bit pricey at 150 bucks.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Zander155
Lol, FAIL

looks like you haven't heard much.

If you don't mind big headphones, you could get the Sennheiser Hd485's. Amazing sound quality, but they are huge, and quite noisey, so I'd recommend for home use.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by thefuzz454

I had these. They're pretty good, great sound quality and were very comfortable, but unfortunately they were also pretty flimsy. I went through two pairs and both times the one of the ear pieces snapped off. And it's a bit pricey at 150 bucks.

I have these. Everyone told me they were a rip-off, overpriced blah blah blah. They were wrong. They're comfortable, and they sound great. Defiantly stay away from the skullcrushers.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Quote by clincher09
looks like you haven't heard much.

If you don't mind big headphones, you could get the Sennheiser Hd485's. Amazing sound quality, but they are huge, and quite noisey, so I'd recommend for home use.

I'm talking about headphones meant for ipod/computer use. Not professional monitor headphones.
I say get the Sennheiser HD280s, they are great for the price and I use a pair in my studio for monitoring.

I also have Grado Labs SR80s which sound good but are open and the head band isnt padded a lot.

Quote by Volta_91
Boss?

+1, bose will color the sound way too much for my taste,,,

For those who dont know what I'm talking about when I say these "color" the sound...I mean that when you record in a studio, the enginere will pay thousands on a set of studio monitors...why?
because they dont color the sound...this means they dont change the sound and are very true to what is actually feeding into the mics or console.

Headphones like the Bose that color the sound a lot will change the sound of the overall recording so you are not hearing it the way it was mixed from the start or ment to be heard and I just could not go listening to music that way.

Bose put out a lot of bass and too little treble IMO and sure you could EQ them out but the point is to get headphones that dont do this so you dont have to fix the sound later down the line...
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by Zander155
I'm talking about headphones meant for ipod/computer use. Not professional monitor headphones.

They're only $60 and sound twice as good as the Bose triports, they are listening headphones.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by Zander155
Sorry, don't believe that.

You should.

The music you listen to was mixed on a system with a closer character to the headphones mentioned above.

Don't you want to hear the music they way it was created? Even if you don't, the Bose are an extremely expensive option for someone with a taste for bass-heavy, treble-less sound.

They are, of course, very comfortable, but AKG K530's are much more comfortable, more articulate, and in the same price range.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
What has everyone got against Skullcandy's skull crushers.

Is it that they are not great for rock and metal. The pair i tried sounded amazing when i was listening to some Bonkers and Clubland Extreme, they are amazing if you are looking for that type of thing.

I think this goes with all skull candy models tbh, The Hesh, Lowriders and i find this with my Smoking Buds too.

I have some ok sony headphones but tbh go with Seinheissers(sp?) They seem to be really good, if abit expensive
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Zander155
Lol, FAIL

Lol, FAIL

Overpriced, they color the sound too much and make it sound unnatural. I Agree with the Sennheiser, Shure or, Sony. Personally I have a pair of Sony MDR-V600 which I got for $100 on MF but after hearing the Sennheisers at the same price I wish I would have gotten those.
EDIT: Damn you guys beat me to it, and here I thought I was the only person who didn't like bose .
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Feb 21, 2008,