the purpose of this thread was not originally to talk about them, but since a search brought up no cobra thread to put this is I decided to just make a cobra starship thread.

however, the real point of this thread was to show you guys this

I thought it was kind of cool. You can download the tracks of The City Is At War and remix them how you'd like it. I'd like to see what the people of UG could do with it if any of you mix songs. enjoy

and also, if the band likes it you can get free stuff
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
You can't polish a turd.

Remixing songs is really really lame. It's probably worked well about twice in the history of mankind, and it just shows how uncreative people are.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

calm down. this is just for fun. you =/= the whole PP&E thread okay? not everyone has your same opinion.

your metaphor sucked btw.

and I think Cobra's catchy. They've got some fun songs.

Quote by Its_Rock77

your metaphor sucked btw.

Polishing a turd is a well known English phrase. He wasn't trying to construct some kind of epic flowing metaphor.

You need to get over yourself. The little cheap shots aren't amusing anyone, and they don't make up for the huge void that is your knowledge of the genres discussed here.

Seriously...

Grow up.
my little cheap shots???

I was saying that to lighten the mood. notice the smiley. I just get so tired of constantly arguing with the astronaut. you might notice it happens almost any time we're posting in the same thread.

and so what if I don't know a lot about the genre? I wasn't listening to Pop Punk or Emo in the 90's but who cares? I like what I like now. I never act like I know everything because I know that I don't. I am, however, really annoyed that many of the older members won't let go of the old bands. Yeah, they're better, but why can't they also like some new bands? I don't look at cobra starship and say, "oh, they're lyrics and guitarwork suck I can't listen to them" and I don't understand why you guys don't think like that either....

/rant

*sigh* I should just delete this thread now...

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by Its_Rock77
my little cheap shots???

I was saying that to lighten the mood. notice the smiley. I just get so tired of constantly arguing with the astronaut. you might notice it happens almost any time we're posting in the same thread.

and so what if I don't know a lot about the genre? I wasn't listening to Pop Punk or Emo in the 90's but who cares? I like what I like now. I never act like I know everything because I know that I don't. I am, however, really annoyed that many of the older members won't let go of the old bands. Yeah, they're better, but why can't they also like some new bands? I don't look at cobra starship and say, "oh, they're lyrics and guitarwork suck I can't listen to them" and I don't understand why you guys don't think like that either....

/rant

*sigh* I should just delete this thread now...

I post my honest opinion in threads about bands and concepts. I thought that was the point of this forum. I don't seek out to purposefully argue with anyone, and if that's the way it comes across then I apologise. But I won't apologise for my opinions.

Dave is right, I wasn't trying to conjure some sort of epic new metaphor, it was a phrase that's been used in the English language for years, and it was meant as a sort of tounge-in-cheek thing anyways.

I like the old bands, sure. I like some new bands. But I get pretty tired of people on this forum posting bands, then people saying they don't like them and then people getting pissed because not everyone likes them. It works both ways.

Jesus Christ. Don't take everything I type so seriously, this is the fucking internet.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

alright. cool.

and I've just been having a bad day. when that happens, it tends to reflect in what I say on the internet. (have I said this before? I'm having some serious deja vu right now ).

but most people instead of simply saying "I don't really like these guys" end up saying that said band sucks and then go on to talk on and on about the "glory days" of PP&E. that is the stuff that pisses me off. not when people are civil about it. I'm not speaking about this thread either or singling you out, just in general in this forum. I'm tired of hardly anyone having an open mind.

People say that because the genre is pretty much dead and a good 99% of the bands that were good either disbanded or suck these days.

But hey, that's just my two cents.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

ermm..are we gonna talk about cobra starship here?

just wondering....
Its like a colour mismatch
I'm ready

first thing: debut was waaaay better than viva la cobra IMO. and guilty pleasure is annoyingly addicting.

SEND MY LOVE TO THE DANCEFLOOR AND IL SEE YOU IN HELL

the bestest song.
ever.
Its like a colour mismatch
bestest? I wouldn't say so.

awesome? yeah.

but what the hell was up with "being from jersey..."? that song sucked more than any other song possibly could.

this is really cool are there any other places i can do this for different songs?
I'm sure there's lots. unfortunately, I don't know of any others. you'd have to do some google searchin. :/

^ that's cause it was bad.

Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Feb 23, 2008,
Quote by Its_Rock77
calm down. this is just for fun. you =/= the whole PP&E thread okay? not everyone has your same opinion.

I agree with certain people on here like 95% of the time...I just thought that was crazy since i agree with people who i talk to about music irl about 10% of the time
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me