I'm looking for distortion pedals. I just got an American Fender Deluxe (with the S-1 switch), and well now I need a good distortion pedal.

I'm not looking for deathmetal, or anything, so well any distortion beyond Hendrix-level probably isn't necessary.
What amp have you got?

Distortion pedals aren't built for individual guitars; they're built to acheive a certain sound. Your amp will be a larger factor in tone than your guitar, anyway.
Jekyll and Hyde by Visual sound. Is sweet. Especially if you own a tube amp, then you could use the OD.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
electro harmonix big muff.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Pedals I use with my twin. Mi crunch box for the heavier stuff. Barber burn unit for just great overdrive and a butler tube drive set real low. More to increase the image for rhythyms.
uhhh, right now i have a 15w crate i've been playing on for a long time (non-tube). i also have a 75watt line6, but i'm planning on selling it.

i'm also planning on purchasing a tube amp within the next few weeks. im not sure, it might be a fender hot rod.
Definitely get a tube amp first, or else an overdrive pedal will not do anything for your sound.

And there are better tube amps for the price than the fender Hot Rod.

Might I suggest the Fender Super Reverb?
High as tits
First of all, if you want hendrix, a fuzz face is the way to go. Not the crappy reissues made by dunlop, but the original ones or a clone with germaniyum transistors. For an amp, I will suggest a Traynor YCV40. It has cleans almost as good as the hot rod but an overdrive that destroys the hot rod's IMO.
If I were to get a tube amp, would i want the overdrive to be good on it already and not need a distortion pedal? thats what i've heard about the hdr, that it's clean channel is great but the distortion channel sucks.

also, im not going to pay retail of course for the amp. i can get an hdr for like, 350-400 on craigslist. but considering im going to want a lot of distortion (nothing remotely close to metal, maybe some garage-ish punk) would it be best not to go with the hot rod? even if i were to get a good distortion pedal as well.

thanks.
Quote by APimpNamedSlick
If I were to get a tube amp, would i want the overdrive to be good on it already and not need a distortion pedal? thats what i've heard about the hdr, that it's clean channel is great but the distortion channel sucks.

also, im not going to pay retail of course for the amp. i can get an hdr for like, 350-400 on craigslist. but considering im going to want a lot of distortion (nothing remotely close to metal, maybe some garage-ish punk) would it be best not to go with the hot rod? even if i were to get a good distortion pedal as well.

thanks.

Nothing can compare to a good amps distortion IMO. Like I said, look at the Traynor because of the great cleans and Marshall-like overdrive, which is what you are looking for.
im gonna have to say a tubescreamer or a big muff pi (usa).. oh, and the electro harmonix english muff'n is basically one of the most amazing distortion pedals ive ever used.
for full out distortion/fuzz the big muff is awesome with my strat... the proco rat is also a very nice pedal
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158