ok i have almost no experience as guitarist(but i van play smoke on the water )
i need a starter guitar and i dont want to go over 200 bucks on it. i like shred music and most metal such as megadeth, pantera, trivium, and led zeppelin. thanx for any help.
Firstly, Led Zeppelin isn't metal.

Second, you could get a Squire Strat, or that Epiphone version of the SG, I forget what it's called.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
i dont have anything now i just have played my friends guitars. and Zeppelin was considered metal when the first debuted.
washburn x-10. They're great for beginners. It comes with an amp, the guitar, a strap, picks and everything you need to get you started. I got mine for 200 bucks and it's a decent guitar. If you need to get everything to get started, this is what you want to get.
i think for your price range, you should get one of those starter packs that comes with everything like the amp and stuff. sure, the guitar wont be the best but it will be enough and it'll help you just get used to all of the aspects of the guitar.
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
$200? To be honest, you'll be better off saving up more. It's better in the long run to spend more now and get a better quality guitar and amp that will last you longer, rather than buying something cheap now and then having to get another lot quicker.

I'd say, wait a bit longer, save up at least another hundred.
I agree with the other posts, a package deal is the way to go to start. Most are in that price range. I would say the Squire Strat package, but I have not tried the Washburn that comes with an amp etc... Fagelamusgtr likes his, try that one too if you can. I recommend the Squire Strat because you can get a lot of different sounds from a strat. Good luck.
squire ftw. thats what i got. except i got the double ****ty one made in indonesia. its even worse than the one made in china.

I have no opinion on this matter.
Well whatever you do. DON'T GET MARSHALL MG AMPS!!
Last edited by esp1234 at Feb 19, 2008,
Quote by esp1234
Well whatever you do. DON'T GET MARSHALL MG AMPS!!

Actually for solid state they are pretty decent and they're cheap so they are great for new guitarist
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Don't get a starter pack, you'll regret it. Save up some more money, get a cube 15w, and some low end guitar. ibanez have some decent ones i've heard. most of your tone is going to come from the amp, just find a guitar you're comfortable with that'll stay in tune.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by s0liddante

i need a starter guitar and i dont want to go over 200 bucks on it.

He said that he didn't want to go over 200, so within that parameter a package deal is the way to go. Sure there is plenty you can get for more, better amps, axes, etc. But for 200, the package is his best option. In the future, he can put some new pick ups in it and have a great beater guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Save a little more and get a squire affinity strat (HSS) and a roland Microcube.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Fat-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510629

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169

$275 for the whole thing

There is a affinity strat with a Fender Frontman amp for 250 but this is a better deal. Plus, the alder strat is good for a future modding project, if you ever get into that.
for what you wanna do most metal guys would probably go right to ibanez, like an RG starter pack would be your best bet imho
Save a little more and get a squire affinity strat (HSS) and a roland Microcube.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Fat-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510629

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169

$275 for the whole thing
QUOTE]

I agree, but if you want to save even more money, get a Squier Bullet ($99). My friend has one and it sounds surprisingly good. The roland micro cube is an awesome amp. I play it more than my marshall at times, check my profile for a vid.