Alright, first off I'm looking for an Ibanez guitar (obviously) but I have a few questions for all the Ibanez owners.

Are the RG series any good?

Where are good Ibanez guitars made?

Which series's come with shark tooth inlay, HSH pickups and a floyd rose?

Do you like them, how do they play, hows the action, ect.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
S series have shark inlay (maybe some others too), my S470 has a floyd rose, most of the shark inlay ones have a ZR which is better. This has a much better feel than the RG, I love it.
ooo i like.

i JUST bought an Ibanez RG2EX2. It's a beautiful guitar, and the features on it are pretty nice. I paid 300 for it. It came with pickups designed by EMG (they're still Ibanez pickups, but EMG-designed), which are very nice for stock pickups on a guitar this price. The action on it feels amazing to me, a huge step up from my epiphone sg. i also have an ibanez acoustic, the model number is in my profile but i love that guitar too.

The cool thing about ibanez over gibson or fender is that you can get a really nice guitar and you don't have to pay $2000 for it. I feel like for a gibson or fender you're not even paying for the guitar anymore, rather the name. DON'T WASTE MONEY ON A NAME.
Quote by KingJustinian25
S series have shark inlay (maybe some others too), my S470 has a floyd rose, most of the shark inlay ones have a ZR which is better. This has a much better feel than the RG, I love it.

Sorry whats a ZR or do you mean the SZR series they have?

EDIT: I guess my main worry is with buying an RG is that I dont want to buy the Squire of Ibanez.

So RG's are pretty nice?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Last edited by angus is god at Feb 19, 2008,
RGs are not Squiers of Ibanez. They're stratocasters of Ibanez, come in any tier you want. The good ones are made in Japan, and have a four-digit model code, and a fancy Prestige label on the headstock. Go from there.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I love my Ibanez RG
Ultra thin fast neck. Plenty of access, etc

Pure goodness
Ibanez RG2EX2 (w. EMG 81/85)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60w DSP Tube
Ashdown Fallen Angel 412 Cab
not that it's a bad choice but why are you so set on getting an ibanez if you know nothing about them?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
not that it's a bad choice but why are you so set on getting an ibanez if you know nothing about them?

Its not that I dont know anything about, I know quite alot. I was mainly just rechecking myself.

I like to play fast and the Ibanez's that I've played before felt really good. Just wanted to get some insider info from owners that the sales people wont tell you.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

I bought a cheap ass Ibanez Iceman for $300 back a few years ago. Bottom of the barrell new Ibanez, bolt on neck, bone stock.

That guitar, god rest its soul (fell down the attick stairs and snapped the headstock off was the best playing and sounding guitar I've owned to date. For some reason the pickups in it just completely shredded even the dimarz's my other guitars had.

I've owned 1 of every guitar there is pretty much. I've owned more Ibanez's than anything else and I've never found a single flaw in any of them. Now Gibson on the other hand. Don't want to start a war.
what are feelings towards the ibanez s series prestige? thinking of getting one maybe later when i have the money. anyone own/play it at all?

heres what i'm thinking of getting :

click here
Get the 24 fret ones the S5470, their good and I would think, are more worth getting than their older counterpart, the S2170.Main reason I think, would be that the S2170 only looks like an upgraded or "pimped" up version of the S470, except for the pick ups and quality.If you get the S5470, you get nice 24frets, the hardier ZR2 as well as, a nice dark sunburst finish.=D
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
Quote by Santa S05
what are feelings towards the ibanez s series prestige? thinking of getting one maybe later when i have the money. anyone own/play it at all?

heres what i'm thinking of getting :

click here

I like everything about the S Prestige except the fret markers. I hate the thing on the 12th.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox