Hypothetically speaking, say I saw this guitar on ebay (normally $600), where the bid started at $2.00 and there were no bids and only 10 mins left in the bid and say I decided to bid $2.50 or something, could the seller retract their auction if they're not satisfied with the sell, or is it like 'once it's up you can't take it back'?

Mind you I have never used ebay and have no clue about how to use it.
They are obligated to sell it, under contract, but I've seen sellers weasel their way out of auctions before. Simply put, you are not getting a 600 dollar guitar for 2.50.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
it depends on if there's a reserve on the item.
if there is and it hasn't been met you'll see a note under the current bid on the items page.
the seller won't have to actually sell the item to you if the reserve isn't met.
Im sure theres a reserve price, which means he doesnt have to sell it unless it goes about the reserve price.
You'd be sniped, mate.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
If the guitar is from China or Japan or anywhere like that don't even bother. Read the description well too. 600 dollar guitars don't go for 2 dollars. It just doesn't happen.
Is there a way to tell if they have a reserve set, because I don't see anything written about any reserves on the info page.
Quote by acersucks
Is there a way to tell if they have a reserve set, because I don't see anything written about any reserves on the info page.

I think they're allowed to keep that hidden, but after someone has bid it might say "reserve not met"
Quote by acersucks

Underneath where you put in your bid. Link us to the auction.
It's from London, but **** it, I guess I'll just have to work hard, save some money and buy a new one. And what's this 'sniping' all about?
Quote by campbell92
Underneath where you put in your bid. Link us to the auction.

yes do this. we promise we wont bid 4.50.

<.<

>.>
Quote by freedoms_stain
they'll probably have a reserve.

plus in the last minute 500 people will outbid you.

+1
I breathe air.