I'm going to be going off to college in a couple months and I'm going to be staying in the dorms. However, my parents house is only about 15 minutes away so I want to leave all my good equipment there, both as protection as well as the lack of room in a tiny dorm room. However, I do want to get a small tube amp to play with in my dorm room. I want it to be all tube, small, and relatively cheap. I play mostly blues, classic rock, and hard rock. For that reason I think that built in distortion would be nice so I don't have to bring my pedals into the room. Any good recommendations?
Peavey Classic 30 or Fender Blues Junior.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Palomino V6 (i think...)

The 5 watt one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by thankyougermany
Peavey Classic 30 or Fender Blues Junior.

30 watts tube?wtf man?

epiphone valva junior would be a good choice
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
I have a Carvin Legacy combo which sounds pretty damn sweet (with active EMGs the harmonics are orgasmic). I use the 50 watt settings and a G Major for effects and theres an output and input level right on it, so I turn the volume on the lead channel to like 6 and the clean channel to 5. It may not be as good as blasting it without using the gate, but it is definitely a good enough setup for my ears.

Edit: Opps, not exactly small, but yeah, it can fit in a corner... So you may disregard this post.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Quote by woodsballplayer
it isnt tube but Ive heard nice things about it

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-DA15-Guitar-Amp?sku=482641

My friend has this amp and we play in all quiet places with it. A really bitchin amp, lots of effects, headphone jack and the distortion sounds better than my half-stack!
A Palomino V8 would be perfect for you.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Check this out:

www.emerysound.com

These are all tube and they're very small. Designed to make saturated tube tone at apartment / dorm friendly levels. They sound awesome and have gotten great reviews in Vintage Guitar Mag.

1 watt, 8 watts or 15 watts I think.
When the Black Heart Little Ant comes out, that'll be good (1 watt) or you could get something with power scaling.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Fender super champ xd. Great little tube amp with effects and 15 types of preamps.
I have a Blues Jr. in my dorm room, and while you might want to go a little smaller, it still works well.
Quote by Bryce888
Check this out:

www.emerysound.com

These are all tube and they're very small. Designed to make saturated tube tone at apartment / dorm friendly levels. They sound awesome and have gotten great reviews in Vintage Guitar Mag.

1 watt, 8 watts or 15 watts I think.

Those look nice! And it doesn't appear they want your first-born for one, either.
Peavey Valveking Royal 8 tube combo, master volume and headphone jack. $200 USD.
Mark IV's sound excellent at low volumes.

I intend on taking mine to college next year. Right now I'm able to play it under my parents room while my parents are asleep through a 4x12 cab and still have good saturation and articulation.

Not many high gain amps can do that. It is a great blues amp as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Blackheart killer ant when it comes out, or you can get the little giant now.
Holy fricken crunch, batman! Very good amp. I have a audio review on my profile of it, and posted a review on UG reviews (first one )

~DAB7
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
even 5 watts is pushing it for a dorm room in terms of volume, honestly I would just get a roland microcube and some decent headphones.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by carpepax
Those look nice! And it doesn't appear they want your first-born for one, either.

solid mahogany 12" cab on there, looks gorgeous... i'm really curious what that sounds like, the price isn't horrible either i guess.
Why tube? You are living with other people, dorm walls are ****ty and you can hear everything through them. Get the vox DA5 (I bring my Valvetronix 50, but keep it at like 10 watts most of the time.)
Quote by HomerG
I have a Blues Jr. in my dorm room, and while you might want to go a little smaller, it still works well.

I have a Twin Reverb in my room. *shrug. That's what volume knobs are for.

+1 to a 5 watt palomino, or just bring an amp you already have, and keep the volume low. You don't even need to keep it terribbly quiet. I live next to my RA, and I've never had a noise complaint about my amps, which I don't really play quietly. I did get a complaint once, though. I was having loud sex during exam week. Oops.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I did get a complaint once, though. I was having loud sex during exam week. Oops.

Shoulda kept it in her mouth.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Shoulda kept it in her mouth.

She was talentless in that area. But so very endowed elsewhere. Shame that she actually had no personality, other than the bits of mine that she copied. Oh well.
I've just bought a GA5 (Valve Junior with a tone knob) for said purpose. If you get a VJ, you can mod it to have a pentode/triode switch to make it even quieter.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Valve Junior, it sounds really nice and just stick a boost pedal and you're set!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I've heard pretty good things about the Ibanez Valbee.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab