I have a fender Stratocaster HH (http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/4/9/7/327497.jpg) and i put Zakk Wylde Custom EMGs in it for Xmas, but im not 100 percent sure how to change the batteries, i know i need to remove the face plate (remove the old strings, remove the screws) but how do i get the Tone and volume knobs out of the way, and do i need to worry about the Pickup Selector/how do i get around that?
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Go **** Yourself
Guitar Gear: (Best To Crappiest)
1) Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus (Must Have)
2) Line 6 Flextone III XL (Go With The Triple Rectifier Setting)
4)Schecter Gryphon (Coil Tapper)
3)Fender Lite Ash Tele (Sweet Finish)
4Zoom Fire-18 Amp
The pickup selector/pots are mounted onto the pickgaurd (you call it face plate) so when you remove that from the body they'll come off with it
Damn that would suck if you put on a fresh set of strings and the battery died.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

the one reason I wouldnt put emgs into a strat. The whole bother of taking it apart to change a damn battery lol!

^^He said all that was needed to know. Good luck with it.
Quote by Vanquish
Damn that would suck if you put on a fresh set of strings and the battery died.

I've taken the pickguard off mine many times and still saved the strings. It's not that hard, just they'll be all curly at the end and you have to make sure they straighten out while they're going in.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've taken the pickguard off mine many times and still saved the strings. It's not that hard, just they'll be all curly at the end and you have to make sure they straighten out while they're going in.

Or, if you're as bad as me, you'll either losen them enough to slip the pickguard assembly out from under them while they're still on, you just unbolt the neck while they're very loose (handy if you need to shim the neck, check the 'lectronics, and save strings!)
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Or, if you're as bad as me, you'll either losen them enough to slip the pickguard assembly out from under them while they're still on, you just unbolt the neck while they're very loose (handy if you need to shim the neck, check the 'lectronics, and save strings!)

Haha true, that works too! I'm just too lazy to take off the neck, plus I'm paranoid I'm going to break it haha
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I don't know about you guys, but I'd put the battery in the trem compartment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ +1

I was just thinking that. Was staring at my strat thinking there should be enough room for it. Just have to make sure it's either screwed in, or attached in some other fairly secured manner so you don't get any rattle from it.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I got that same set, in my SG but i've never had any trouble with my battery, it sits right in between the four pots, then again idk how much space is at the back of a Strat.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
It's easiest to put it in your electronics compartment; unobtrusive, and you only need to touch it once a year if that anyway.
i wouldnt suggest the unbolting the neck method. The threads get more and more damaged every time you unscrew/screw into them.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
i wouldnt suggest the unbolting the neck method. The threads get more and more damaged every time you unscrew/screw into them.

*Shrug. So does every single pickguard, bridgeplate, strap button, and input jack screw. Toothpicks and glue, and you're good as new.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Once upon a time... I killed two birds...With one stone..

ok how did u do that?
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
ok how did u do that?
I wired the clip so that it goes through the hole where the trem claw wire goes. And then I just wedged the battery in there.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
I wired the clip so that it goes through the hole where the trem claw wire goes. And then I just wedged the battery in there.

You sir, are an intelligent man.
-Mike Tyson
lol...i read jims post as 'i killed two stones with one bird' the first time...and yeh, do the trem thing..

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost