Really, I have all the gear I want, I like my guitar, and maybe feel like putting a dif type of pickup in later, which will be around $100? Not a big deal. But I'd like to mod my VK so I can still use it and get a good tone for mobility, I used it at an audition today and I missed the Mesa that I couldn't use because of time hauling equipment

I'd like to respeaker, and retube it.

I just play your standard todays pop rock, rock, get into some harder and heavier rock here and there. But I also love versatility.

What are my best choice of speakers and tubes?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Swap the Preamps for Tung-Sols

Maybe drop a Vintage 30 in

Thats what I would personally do
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Replace power tubes with JJs, replace Preamp with Tung-Sols, and for speaker either texas heat, man o wars, or g12t-75, those would my my choices
I'd stay away from the Vintage 30 with this amp, just my opinion. I feel that with the speaker change one strides to clear up the muddiness and for some reason the Vintage 30 does not help with this. You want a very clear sounding speaker. The Man o war is a decent suggestion. I put a Celestion g12t-100 (hot 100) in and love it. It is described as similarly voiced to the g12t-75 but with some more bass and minus the icepick highs.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
I really don't know what the muddiness of the V30's sound like because the Orange cab I own is very nice it plays them well. I'll def check out that Man O War, and the Cel gt12t-100. Also, retubing Power and preamp tubes, + speaker change and all other necessary things to be done with this, how much would labor be?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

You can do it all yourself. It doesn't need biasing because its cathode biased. Speakers are easy, just two wire plugs and 4 mounting nuts. Get the parts and in less than 30 minutes your good to go. Be careful not to put your hands on anything but the tubes in back, put one hand behind your back and use the other to remove and replace tubes, it keeps you from accidentally completing the circuit and getting shocked. Its not as scary as it sounds.
Be very careful with the power tubes. Personally with the stock rubys I really dont think theres a need to change them
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I've heard it really cleans the amp up with a retube ^

You sure they werent talking about the preamps? Whatever anyways, if you want to retube the 6L6's, go for it =)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I think a warehouse speakers V30 clone would be a good choice. They're designed to be an improvement over the origional V30 in the muddiness and chirpyness department.

I never had a problem with EXH 12AX7's, but that's just me. Lots of UG'ers like JJ's and Tung-Sols.
Tubes, Speakers, Casters
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Would one recommend trying to install everything on my own even if I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing? Would save me 2 hours round trip (to nearest guitar store) and labor I guess.

By casters, you mean wheels? everything would cost like $130

Quote by tr3nt
Would one recommend trying to install everything on my own even if I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing? Would save me 2 hours round trip (to nearest guitar store) and labor I guess.

DIY, definitally. Tubes and speakers are terribbly easy swaps, unless the tubes are nastily hidden deep in the chassis.
Would each product come with installation guides? Haha.

Probably not, but PM or IM me and I'll walk you through it, if you want. Not that I'm special, just that I like passing on the little bits of info I have.
Quote by yocomobebes
Replace power tubes with JJs, replace Preamp with Tung-Sols, and for speaker either texas heat, man o wars, or g12t-75, those would my my choices

+1 for that and get the g12t-75 or the 100 what ever. but that is very very good, it would sound freaking awsome!!!.