Just wondering if anyone has ever installed San Andreas on Windows Vista? I got a new laptop today, and im trying to install San Andreas, but it is coming up with an error message halfway through the installation that says:

Feature transfer error

Feature: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Game Data
Component: anim
File: D:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I did a search, and people have stated that GTA: SA works fine on Vista...whats the deal? Any ideas?
XP>Vista. I had Vista Ultimate on my laptop. RESOURCE HOG. It's flashy and pretty if your computer's got the balls, mine did, but not big enough. Throw XP on that bitch and she'll run just fine lad.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
^I have XP on my desktop, and Ive never had a problem with it. I know the problems everyone has with Vista, its just a cheaper budget laptop to use at work when Im bored. It would be nice to have Windows XP on it, but I dont really have the money to shell out on it if I dont have to. Id like to get San Andreas working with Vista if I can
Vista isn't that bad if you have a decent PC.

Also, Vista has that virtual machine thing which can run any XP program.

I would say your disk is probably scratched and that is what is causing the problem.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by GLP standard
Just wondering if anyone has ever installed San Andreas on Windows Vista? I got a new laptop today, and im trying to install San Andreas, but it is coming up with an error message halfway through the installation that says:

Feature transfer error

Feature: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Game Data
Component: anim
File: D:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I did a search, and people have stated that GTA: SA works fine on Vista...whats the deal? Any ideas?

Your disc is broken.

EDIT:
Info on Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) error.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Feb 19, 2008,