Personally, neither.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
i'd go for the second one, both are cheap guitars, but teh second one is cheaper and nicer
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by LaGrange
Personally, neither.

Ya buy an epiphone, or something of that nature, if you have the 300 to diish out on the first one.
Gear List is too long to sig.

JOIN THE TRUMPET PLAYERS ALLIANCE!
Quote by Supertait
^yeah that would be the problem here, they're a few tiles short of a roof and wouldnt undertand.

Lol^^
Quote by littel
Ya buy an epiphone, or something of that nature, if you have the 300 to diish out on the first one.

yes, in this case an Epiphone G-400
I was looking at these guitars as i have a budget of about $300 and would like to get an amp too. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks
get a squier or ibanez beginners pack if your just starting out. dont get a no name IMO
i wouldnt waste your money on a guitar amp set like that.
just buy a nice guitar, like an epiphone, and once you get enough money buy a cheap fender practice amp for around $100
I need to buy an amp too ... so any ideas for more of a package deal for around $200 - $300?

Thanks
If you live in the US you should just go to Guitar Center and pick up a cheap starters set. Sure, the guitar won't be top notch but if you give up on playing the guitar you're only out of a couple hundered dollars. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree, but in my opinion that's your best option. I picked up an Epiphone SG 310/ Valve Junior set with a gig bag, tuner, stand, pics, strap, and book for 299.99 about a month ago and I'm happy with it. It's not the best guitar, but it's good enough for a beginner.
Thanks for the help so far.

I need an amp aswell and would like to only spend $200-$300. Any ideas?

Thomas