Ok fellow pit dwellers.

I am going to buy a drum set (nothing really good) but just so if I wanna have some friends over to jam, we can have it there, and just to play around with.

I need you guys to help me think of reasons I should tell me parents why I should get one.
In long run will save money on rehersal rooms

its good to be a multi-instrumentalist

you can have friends over and jam regularly, thus making any band tighter, thus supposedly more likely to succeed

for sh*ts and giggles
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
it will help you annoy your neighbours. And making music has positive effects on your intelligence, thus leading to better grades in school.
Tell em youre not getting any and you need something to bang.

I tryed.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Quote by guitarmannn
Yes I can play the drums.

^^^thanks for the first helpful post =]

Oh good.

Well, tell them you're interested in having a set for your own, it will help you and the musicians around your area, it'll save money, etc...
Who dat?
awww, a mod took off the title :-(

Anyway, the reason is that my parents don't want me to make drums my main instrument, and they think that if I get a set, then I will forget about the cello and guitar (which is not true).
You'll pay them back over time

If you're in band, you'll be able spend time at home under the watch of mom and pops, insetad of loose on the street doing God knows what

You can record music as a one man band and give em to relatives as presents.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
dude u play the cello?
thats fukin awsome! i wish i could do that
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
ok, if they think your gonna forget how to play the other instruments then so what if you do. theyre gonna force you to play them? if you want to play drums, play drums. thats retarded of them, but not the worst thing. my mom once said she didnt want me to get guitar hero cuz i would forget real guitar. ahahaha.