Page 1 of 2
[& also heavy] breakdown in a song thatz not metalcore or screaming musci in general. im asking this because the band im in is like a metal/grunge/thrash kinda band. so yea, wat do u think?
Breakdowns aren't a just-metalcore thing, metalcore is just associated with them cause they overuse them. You can have breakdowns in a "metal/grunge/thrash", as long as they're placed well.
Who dat?
No, Breakdowns are strictly for metalcore. No other genres are allowed to use them.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Breakdowns are in every genre lil buddy. Chug away, power chord jig away, wiggle your trem bar away, etc.

Quote by Garret.
No, THE GAYEST Breakdowns are strictly for metalcore. No other genres are recommended to use them.

*fixed
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
I'm pretty sure there's a breakdown at the end of "In the Belly of a Shark" by Gallows. Not really creative or anything, but still a breakdown.
ahahahha.

yeah - you can break anything down. get er done.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

I perfer to build things up rather than break things down. It musy have something do with that positive psychology.
Screamo has breakdowns, I mean real screamo.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Example?

Hot Cross, I Hate Myself, Circle Takes The Square, Saeita, etc..
Quote by blackflag49
Boo..

Come on, those are all good bands.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Hot Cross, I Hate Myself, Circle Takes The Square, Saeita, etc..

Phew, I thought you were going to say Fall Out Boy and Paramore.

I can't think of any songs they have with breakdowns though except Crowquill by CTTS.

...it could happen to you
Ibanez RG2EX2 (w. EMG 81/85)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60w DSP Tube
Ashdown Fallen Angel 412 Cab
Quote by SealCubMassacre

I can't think of any songs they have with breakdowns though except Crowquill by CTTS.

Yeah, I thought you just wanted examples of screamo, lol. Hot Cross has a lot of breakdowns.
i have actually heard a few non metal breakdowns
well...
eighteen visions - tower of snakes, has one
maybe, pneumonia hawk by cancer bats
umm, golden tanks by cancerbats
thats all i can really think of
Quote by SealCubMassacre

Whats wrong with fallout boy and paramore?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Pussy, learn to listen to emotions in the screams. You can't not scream and be all that heavy.

/typical metalcore forum response

Seriously, a lot of breakdowns aren't in metalcore songs. Three Days Grace? Breaking Benjamin? Skillet? Linkin Park? Hell, I think I heard a Jonas Brothers song with a breakdown. (Cousins listened to it very, very loudly.)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
What ever happened to the REAL breakdown, from the 80's? You know, when everything just slowed way down, and it got really groovy, and the singer screamed BREAK IT DOOOOWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?

Those breakdowns need to come back.
We're only strays.
Domination - Pantera.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
All breakdowns should be replaced with egotistical guitar solos, trade off shredding between each guitarist, then a lengthy dual solo, similar to Panic by Anthrax, then followed by a four bar drum solo and back to some fast thrashy shit.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
All breakdowns should be replaced with egotistical guitar solos, trade off shredding between each guitarist, then a lengthy dual solo, similar to Panic by Anthrax, then followed by a four bar drum solo and back to some fast thrashy shit.

well I'd rather have that then some scene kid who cant feel his own balls because his pants are too tight strumming the 2 low string for a minute and a half
Quote by BlackandSilver

Seriously, a lot of breakdowns aren't in metalcore songs. Three Days Grace? Breaking Benjamin? Skillet? Linkin Park? Hell, I think I heard a Jonas Brothers song with a breakdown. (Cousins listened to it very, very loudly.)

yea... except none of those bands are metalcore
Page 1 of 2