all right let me just say first off im a total noob when it comes to amps. anyway on to the question...

whats the difference between a modeling amp and a tube amp? i hear about them but im not sure what the big difference is
Last edited by mogan777 at Feb 19, 2008,
A modeling amp is an amp that models the tones of other amps.

A Tubescreamer is an OD pedal by Ibanez.
you mean the difference between a Solid State amplifier and a Valve (Tube) amp...

all it really comes down to is that tube amps are better (dont tell me otherwise, i'm not listening) yet more expensive... but soooooooo worth it
you mean the difference between a Solid State amplifier and a Valve (Tube) amp...

all it really comes down to is that tube amps are better (dont tell me otherwise, i'm not listening) yet more expensive... but soooooooo worth it

jam phan420 is right
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
A modeling amp is an amp that models the tones of other amps, using solid state transistors, except in the case of hybrids, like a vox valvetronix which uses 1 12ax7 tube in the preamp.

A tube amp uses tubes in the pre and power amp, creating a pure, warm, and delicious analog tone.
Solid state - diodes clip to create distortion while the rest of the circuit shapes the gain
Modeler - a program models what the guitar would sound like after gain using algorythms.
Tube - clips vaccum tubes to create distortion, vaccum tubes used in all gain stages
Quote by jam phan420

hahah ignorance is bliss I guess
Quote by jam phan420
aye, t'is

Yup. Just remember that in life every question is always black and white. No ifs ands or buts. And don't forget to not listen to any argument or test it out yourself, no, every question is black and white.