I'm seriously considering swapping my MIA precision bass's all maple neck (fretboard included) with my MIM fender jazz bass neck (rosewood fretboard) because I love the feel of the jazz neck and the sound of the p-bass. Will the difference in nut width seriously affect the bass setup, and will the p-bass sound just as great, although possibly less bright?
i dont think so....the mark hoppus signature bass is a jazz body and precision neck. your idea is the opposite but still uses a contrasting neck and body so i'd imagine it would work both ways
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
the difference between the fingerboards might be enough that you decide you want to cahnge your mind, but considering its just a bolt on, why not give it a try?
And the Fender P-Bass special has a jazz bass neck, but I still wanted to be sure. And to rednwhiteblues thats about what I was thinking. Cool, thanks for the input.
Quote by Jeff123
And the Fender P-Bass special has a jazz bass neck, but I still wanted to be sure. And to rednwhiteblues thats about what I was thinking. Cool, thanks for the input.

I did the exact same thing for my buddy: MIM Precision body + MIJ Aerodyne Jazz Bass neck.

It's in my blog (shameless plug)