Ok you guys, I'm sure you are tired of these, but I need your help. Please

I posted a thread a few days ago asking for help in choosing an amp. I pretty much got one main answer, and I would just like to clarify and make sure it is what I want before I get it.

Please don't tell me to go try one out; I can't. I don't have a good guitar store around here, and the only ONE I have is full of pricks who won't let anyone touch anything. Besides, all they carry is fender and line 6, pretty much.

What I need is a good Tube (preferably combo) amp for gigging. It needs to be clearly heard over drums (sometimes 8-piece), a bass on a halfstack, and 1-2 more guitars on high wattage amps.

I play EVERYTHING, but I tend to stay around Rock, punk and metal, but then really smooth sounding stuff and some jazzy bluesy stuff. Some examples of bands I like to play when not writing my own stuff (influences) are: GNR, Coheed and Cambria, Weezer, The Killers, Metallica.

It has been suggested to me that i get a Traynor Custom Valve 50BLUE YCV50BLUE 50W All Tube 1x12 Combo Amp

Here is a link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075

Will this have GREAT tone and Be loud enough? Will it cover ALL styles of music?

Or do you think something else will better suit my needs?

I have been saving money for a very long time, and I am near 700, but I have no problem saving a little while longer to get the best.

I don't like buying used.

Please help! Thank you so much!
the traynor is a great amp. In my opinion, one of the best tube amps in the world. If you want a head get the HI WATT but thats around 1200. The traynor will give you all great tones for the exception of metal. Get a nice Distortion pedal and you'll be in business. It's def. the best you can get right now.
Rig:
'91 Eric Clapton strat w/ MT-2 preamp and piezo bridge system

Lotus '62 Strat replica
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Pearly Gates Pups
Epiphone Sheraton STOCK
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

Epiphone EJ-200CE

Traynor YCV40T
Traynor HEAD
I dont know about that amp too much, but my only concern would be that a 1x12 wouldnt be loud enough. Depends on if its miked or not.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
the traynor's fine. it's actually great.

^ no, the number of speakers doesn't 'make or break' an amp in terms of volume.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
i've heard they're great but you should go to a guitar shop that DOESN'T have pricks that don't let you touch anything!!!
try it out and buy if you like it
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by emr_steelmech
I dont know about that amp too much, but my only concern would be that a 1x12 wouldnt be loud enough. Depends on if its miked or not.

Amount of speakers doesn't constitute volume. I bet that Traynor is louder than your large half stack.

Anyways, that is a great amp. Very versatile and has great cleans and overdrive. Can actually get pretty heavy but will need an OD pedal to get really heavy metal.
I may as well suggest a used Mesa F-50. It will do everything you want without a pedal and might be better suited for what you play.
Quote by B. Heath
i've heard they're great but you should go to a guitar shop that DOESN'T have pricks that don't let you touch anything!!!
try it out and buy if you like it

None around here
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Amount of speakers doesn't constitute volume. I bet that Traynor is louder than your large half stack.

Anyways, that is a great amp. Very versatile and has great cleans and overdrive. Can actually get pretty heavy but will need an OD pedal to get really heavy metal.
I may as well suggest a used Mesa F-50. It will do everything you want without a pedal and might be better suited for what you play.

I was wondering about this. I was thinking that pushing out a louder volume on one speaker wouldn't sound as good as more than one speaker at the same volume, especially at loud volumes.

Is this true?
Quote by cccasey14
I was wondering about this. I was thinking that pushing out a louder volume on one speaker wouldn't sound as good as more than one speaker at the same volume, especially at loud volumes.

Is this true?

Nahh. A 1x12 is plenty enough. It all depends on the amount of watts the speaker can handle anyways. Plus, driving the speaker can produce good sounds for classic rock.
You won't need to play that amp past halfway in a gig anyway, so it won't start to push the speaker unless you have a HUGE gig with thousands of people.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
the traynor's fine. it's actually great.

^ no, the number of speakers doesn't 'make or break' an amp in terms of volume.

If not in terms of volume, in terms of what?

Thanks again unsignedrecords, Im almost certain i'm getting this now
Quote by cccasey14
If not in terms of volume, in terms of what?

Thanks again unsignedrecords, Im almost certain i'm getting this now

More speakers usually means a bit more bass. Not really all that needed. I can get all the bass I need with a 1x12.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
More speakers usually means a bit more bass. Not really all that needed. I can get all the bass I need with a 1x12.

Gotcha. So by the time I actually need something louder, Ill actually be out of school and have a job?
ha, i was saying that the number of speakers doesn't drastically alter the volume like the guy said. i dunno, more speakers mostly gives you more spread. and it's one of those things where if you don't really know what it's like, you're not really missing it haha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Well you guys, I think I am set on this! I will have enough once i get my income taxes, so I'll let you know how I like it.

Thanks!
Wait, you have never even heard this amp yet you are set on it? Please make sure you hear something before buying it. Do not buy an amp based on what someone thinks about it.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
Wait, you have never even heard this amp yet you are set on it? Please make sure you hear something before buying it. Do not buy an amp based on what someone thinks about it.

+1
Although I love the amp, it doesn't mean you will.

But, if you order from musiciansfriend.com , you can just send it back withing 30 days if you don't like it.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
+1
Although I love the amp, it doesn't mean you will.

But, if you order from musiciansfriend.com , you can just send it back withing 30 days if you don't like it.

Thats exactly what im doing. Don't worry, I'm not stupid
Quote by cccasey14
Thats exactly what im doing. Don't worry, I'm not stupid

No one called you stupid. I was just merely stating that you should really try an amp before buying it.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah