Yeah, to Macbeth. For a project in English, I have to come up with music that conveys the theme, atmosphere and/or motifs that are in the play "Macbeth". It has to be about 6 minutes long, and I have to write a paper explaing why I chose each song and how it relates to the play.

I'm fairly certain that at least some of you guys are familiar with the play, so go ahead and give me some fresh thoughts.

My list of songs to possibly use include:

Raining Blood-Slayer
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
Do You Call My Name-Ra
Heaven and Hell-Sabbath
We are the Champions-Queen
Raining blood would be really good because there is a motif of blood throughout the play.
good choices I think, although I don't know the Ra song.

Personally I wouldn't have gone for those, but they certainly fit the story I think.
Quote by 20cdndollars
Kill The King - Megadeth (I dont know Macbeth very well, so dont flame me)

+1 Trust-Megadeth.
Bodies by Drowning Pool for the last scene.

Christ, everybody and their dog died in that part.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Raining Blood is a must. Also Stabbin' Daggers by Sebastian Bach could be good, 'cause of the title and how Macbeth kills Duncan with a dagger. Also the floating dagger Macbeth sees before he kills Duncan.

EDIT: Actually I'd rethink your choices so far besides Raining Blood, I don't see how the others fit the play.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Didn't know the Megadeth, that will be good. I also forgot to add...

Beheading of a King-Amon Amarth

Not sure if the witches actually control Macbeth, so I'm not sure about MoP. Would be cool though I suppose.
Choose very dark and apocalyptic songs, it's such a dark play, based entirely around murder and greed, with witches thrown in.

"Blood on Your Hands" by Arch Enemy would work - the title obviously works, but there are good Macbeth-like lines: "You were born your brother's keeper, why do I see blood on your hands? You became your brother's slayer...." That could easily show the betrayal of Macbeth to Banquo.

"Now I Lay Thee Down" by Machine Head sounds good, it's depresing and heavy - all about death.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too