Page 1 of 2
gravytrain34
likes to skank
563 IQ
I was wondering what your stance on cloning was seeing how Ive never heard what other punks had to say. Im personally for it(to an extent)
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Can we use it to bring back Joey Ramone?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Being punk and your stance on cloning have nothing to do with eachother. I would want to bring back Joey Ramone though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
ginx86
10 IQ
I really have no opinion on it but if you want to read a scifi book on the social problems first generation clones could face I'd highly recommend Cloned Lives from Pamela Sargeant.

It really looks at the human level of the discrimination first generation clones will most likely face.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by StreetLight3989
Being punk and your stance on cloning have nothing to do with eachother. I would want to bring back Joey Ramone though.
Very well said.

and chat
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by element4433
Very well said.

and chat

I'm down for chat.

Also cloning is bad ass I could make 3 clones and make my own band!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
crustyreed
493 IQ
Cloning and genetic modification has wielded very little resuslts, and maybe if it was actually bringing in results to help cure human illness's i could support it.

Until then its wasting money and life. (( Insert dorky image of a human and animal paw bound together))
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
I swear the title said clothing when i clicked on it.

So i was gonna be uppin' the nudity punx.
molly bee
blah blah blah blah
98 IQ
Cloned humans are still human beings, with thoughts, feelings, brains etc etc etc. What if someone walked up to you and said "oh hay, yer my clone. I take heart now." Wouldn't you be a little upset?

edit: my science teacher said that they've been trying to figure out how to clone frogs without heads, so that maybe their discovery could lead to cloning humans without heads. Headless humans=no thoughts/emotions, which means no ethical concern!
Last edited by molly bee at Feb 19, 2008,
neidnarb11890
gentle collapsing
270 IQ
Quote by original=punk
I swear the title said clothing when i clicked on it.

So i was gonna be uppin' the nudity punx.

Same here
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by molly bee
Cloned humans are still human beings, with thoughts, feelings, brains etc etc etc. What if someone walked up to you and said "oh hay, yer my clone. I take heart now." Wouldn't you be a little upset?

edit: my science teacher said that they've been trying to figure out how to clone frogs without heads, so that maybe their discovery could lead to cloning humans without heads. Headless humans=no thoughts/emotions, which means no ethical concern!

That's where the whole stem cell thing came in, they were trying to be able to grow body parts without having to clone the whole damn thing. Problem is, getting stem cells isn't that easy, and getting embryonic stem cells isn't very efficient.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I owe my dad's life to stem cells.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Punx&Skunx
223 IQ
Quote by element4433
Can we use it to bring back Joey Ramone?

Technically yes. But it would just yield an identical looking person to Joey Ramone. He would be nothing like that Joey Ramone of the past.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
so here is my completely grown up totally neutral stance on the benefits of cloning in relation to a very awesome situation:

1 John Wayne = Awesome

2 John Waynes = Twice as awesome
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie
so here is my completely grown up totally neutral stance on the benefits of cloning in relation to a very awesome situation:

1 John Wayne = Awesome

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

crustyreed
493 IQ
Well someone has to say it.

the rascism of 2 john waynes would be out of hand!
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by crustyreed
Well someone has to say it.

the rascism of 2 john waynes would be out of hand!

I should have further demonstrated my calculations:
let middle = the variable

1 John Wayne - racist tendencies x # of 10 gallon hats= Awesome
2 John Wayne - racist tendencies x # of 10 gallon hates = Twice as awesome

This equation also applies to Chuck Norris, except substitute racist tendencies with pansy offense to awesome jokes made about oneself

EDIT: After modifying the equation, it applies to basically all Waynes in society.
Wayne Newton (x = minutes in the movie 'Vegas Vacation')
Lil' Wayne (x = # of times I've had to listen to 'Make it Rain' in the past year)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
Yeah, **** him and Elvis Presley! (flipped the order, who cares)

Edit: My whole stance is changed now that 10 gallon hats have entered the equation.
crustyreed
493 IQ
Quote by opivy21
Yeah, **** him and Elvis Presley! (flipped the order, who cares)

Edit: My whole stance is changed now that 10 gallon hats have entered the equation.

Elvisss was a hero to most but he'll never mean **** to me, a straight up rascist plain and simple to see, motha****a him and john wayne!!

the second bit is a little off.
ginx86
10 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

1 John Wayne = Awesome

John Wayne was a draft dodger who only married a woman who needed him to stay out of World War II. As soon as the war was over he divorced her. I realize that you were probably just posting it as a joke but that this fallacy that John Wayne was some kind of American hero has to end.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
But that means he got laid, while wearing a ten gallon hat

That is the maximum amount of bad ass
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
The only Elves that matters is called Costello.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

1 John Wayne = Awesome

But John Wayne was in fact a nazi, and I heard that he enjoyed playing SS. He even kept a picture of the fuhrer on him at all times.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by ginx86
John Wayne was a draft dodger who only married a woman who needed him to stay out of World War II. As soon as the war was over he divorced her. I realize that you were probably just posting it as a joke but that this fallacy that John Wayne was some kind of American hero has to end.

Yes. My whole basis for an extremely ground breaking and ahead of it's time issue is cenetered around an infamous WWII icon who has been openly debunked.

In all honesty, I meant to write Wayne Newton originally, but accidentally wrote John Wayne and just went with it. I am on 3 hours of sleep, I can't eat anything with out puking, and am barely functioning on the 400 remaining calories in my system. So cut me some slack.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie
Yes. My whole basis for an extremely ground breaking and ahead of it's time issue is cenetered around an infamous WWII icon who has been openly debunked.

In all honesty, I meant to write Wayne Newton originally, but accidentally wrote John Wayne and just went with it. I am on 3 hours of sleep, I can't eat anything with out puking, and am barely functioning on the 400 remaining calories in my system. So cut me some slack.
*gives Tina a hug*
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by axeslash
But John Wayne was in fact a nazi, and I heard that he enjoyed playing SS. He even kept a picture of the fuhrer on him at all times.

As long as we're taking this thread scientifically:

After I hypothesized that this forum would understand a sarcastic tone and joke in reference to a very serious question. After running a procedure of proposing John Wayne, a well known racist and completely random historical figurehead, as 'twice as awesome cloned' I was able to collect the data of multiple users on the Ultimate Guitar message board.

In conclusion, the Punk/Ska forum sucks at jokes. Like, really sucks.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

After I hypothesized that this forum would understand a sarcastic tone and joke in reference to a very serious question. After running a procedure of proposing John Wayne, a well known racist and completely random historical figurehead, as 'twice as awesome cloned' I was able to collect the data of multiple users on the Ultimate Guitar message board.

Sorry Tina, I was just referencing a well-known hardcore song by a band known as "Millions Of Dead Cops" and their infamous song "John Wayne Was A Nazi."

I apologize. *hugs*
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
I am against it because I would probably end up having sex with myself and that would probably cause me to breakdown mentally.

Or not exist anymore.

I need to study up on my paradoxes.

Back To The Future in is my future.
crustyreed
493 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

We have no time for joking! we must memorize all public enemy lyrics!
ginx86
10 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

Now Wayne Newton there's someone you can never attack. Rhinestones Rule!!!
IlikeTheSKA
Respect my conglomerate
300 IQ
Let's clone the Casualties.

Ten million times.

And then
shoot
them
all.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Let's clone the Casualties.

Ten million times.

And then
shoot
them
all.

haha
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
I'd like to clone myself, so I can have a threesome with me, myself and a fit lass.
civildp1
UG's resident narcoleptic
217 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'd like to clone myself, so I can have a threesome with me, myself and a fit lass.

what if in the process of having said threesome, you crossed swords with yourself? I think the universe might explode.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

*big hugs!*
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
im not supporting cloning if they harm the guinea pig whilst doing it or cant assure that they will do it right and bring a life into the world in a freak, mutant body.
DanRev
Boom/Bap?
129 IQ
Let's clone the upper classes and the aristocracy but mess with the process so they come out all inbred-like and with 6 fingers on each hand.

Oh. Wait.
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Quote by Blastiiid
I think that cloning would be OK for punks as long as it's DIY.

lol

Someone write a zine about DIY organic cloning techniques.