ok im really new to the guitar...been playin for about two months
but my question is when you play power chords do u slide ur fingers on the strings when u change or do u take them of the strings then go to the next chord.
i have just been sliding my fingers and after awhile it hurts.
am i doing it wrong or am i just acting like a little bitch
you could do either one. if you slide, you get a (duh) slide effect
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
sometimes my fingers keep contact with the strings, but just barely, and only if I'm going really fast between power chords. Although I rarely play powerchords....

Since you're new to guitar, it's probably just that your fingers haven't toughened up and developed callouses (sp?). If you keep on playing, you'll get used to it eventually.
when i play power chords, i always slide EXCEPT when i change the strings i play them on obviously. but the pain from the sliding? you'll just have to get over it. when you develop calusces (sp?) on your fingers, it won't hurt as much.

Edit: I dont think anybody can spell it, can they. UG really needs a spell check.
My reflection
Dirty mirror
There's no connection
To myself
I'm your lover
I'm your zero
Im the face in your dreams of glass
Last edited by PumpkinHead94 at Feb 19, 2008,
thanx evryone for the help
and to pumpkinhead
i friggin love soad
Quote by bdfs05
ok im really new to the guitar...been playin for about two months
but my question is when you play power chords do u slide ur fingers on the strings when u change or do u take them of the strings then go to the next chord.
i have just been sliding my fingers and after awhile it hurts.
am i doing it wrong or am i just acting like a little bitch

I typically slide unless I change strings (like PumpkinHead said).

Heres a hint: drop the low E string down to D, and you can play power chords with one finger. Its pretty cool.