I just got my first PS2 (the white one with singstar) and yes I know I'm kind of late to this whole thing, but I've been a Nintendo guy forever. Needless to say, singstar is getting boring and I'm looking for some good games to pick up used fairly cheaply.

I want something that isn't a first person shooter, racing game, hunting game, something lame. I've heard great things about FFX and Kingdom Hearts. I'm not a huge fan of real time fighting (though I don't mind it in a really good game) so that draws me more towards FFX. The only thing is, the last FF game I ever played was FFI, so I have no idea what to expect.

Keep in mind, I'm a self-confessed Nintendo-wimp. I like colorful childish games and not dark murderous games. So sue me. I've been playing Ratchet and Clank and loving it, but the disk keeps skipping so I need a new copy. So yeah, stuff like that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Madden.

But honestly, if you can find a copy of the ps1 game "The Legend Of Dragoon", then get that.

It's the greatest game ever.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Jak 3 maybe? My brother has it. Try looking into Sly as well. Those games were made for children
Katamari Damacy
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
So which is better, FFX or Kingdom Hearts, and why?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Garret.
Katamari Damacy

+1,000

I've never owned it, but I'm addicted to it. It's endless fun.

Quote by Sid McCall
So which is better, FFX or Kingdom Hearts, and why?

They're different styles of games. It's all preference when it comes to which one is better.

I prefer KH, but FFX is an AMAZING game. FFX is a turn based RPG with a bit of a complex equipment system, while Kingdom Hearts is a real time fighting RPG.

Like I said, both are great, and both are worth playing. Just close your eyes, pick one, and play it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Kingdom hearts is actually a pretty good game...
You should definitely get madden
Star Wars Battlefront II is a REALLY good game and a MUST GET. It's a shooter, but not a FPS. =P
Tekken 5 if you're into fighting games...
And Rock Band I guess, but I wouldn't really recommend it.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
get kingdom hearts 1 and 2, (though one might be a little hard to get into compared to todays games) 2 will be easy to get into once you finish that dreadful intro. FFXII is awesome too. Jak games are good, rachet and clank, and maybe once you think your ready, the God of War series is epic awesomeness. dude you literally have 1000's of game choices since the system came out in like 2001 or so
(>'.')> (>'.')> (>'.')> (>'.')> (>'.')> (>'.')> (>'.')> (>'.')>
Quote by andy_thomas
Madden.

But honestly, if you can find a copy of the ps1 game "The Legend Of Dragoon", then get that.

It's the greatest game ever.

omg +100000 to this man that game was awesome!!!!!! They really need to redo that
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Forget about PS2 games, get PS1 games! I think they would be better for you. If you can even find PS1 games, get a game from the Spyro series or a Crash Bandicoot game. I just played Crash Bandicoot 2 days ago, and it's still as fun as it used to be.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3