I need some honest to God opinons from you guys out there, and I expect any anybody who thinks their opinion is worth a damn will comment this. I just got the Dean CFH guitar, many of you know it comes with the amazing Bill Lawrence 500XL in the bridge, and then that other lackluster pickup in the neck. I want your experienced opinon's: What is the clearest, cleanest, least fuzzy, whatever you wanna call it humbucker for the neck out there? Here's the important part: I will in no way ever need to mix that pickup with the Bill Lawrence 500XL, so don't worry about that. So I just need to know, by itself in the neck, what gives the cleanest sound for a humbucker out there? Post your opinion and if you can explain why you think that your choice of pickup would be the best.
A Seymour Duncan Jazz is what springs to mind as being very clean, while mixing well with such a high output pickup and having plenty of punch and tone on its own.
Generally, you will want a relatively low output pickup. The PRS McCarty fits the bill quite nicely for clean tones IMO.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
not too many pickups will distort by itself. it depends on the output, and how the amp reacts to the pickup.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell.

It's a misnomer, don't be confused.

Cleanest pickup out there. Clear, glassy. It's nice.
give any thought to maybe a p90 hb retrofit? just a thought. or a kent armstrong PAF isnt a bad idea either
Well they dont usually distort themselves anyway. depends on what amp you are running though. The cleanest that comes to mind for me is definetly the Seymour Duncan Jazz.
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
I'm glad you guys are voicing you opinions. Most of your opinions had already come to mind, by I haven't been able to try most of them, or if I had I probably didn't know it.

BTW, my setup is: 1. 1957 VOS Gibson Les Paul
2. Dean CFH
3. Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
4. Soldano Avenger 100w (oh I know you're jealous)
5. MXR EVH Chorus
6. BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by bdof
I'm glad you guys are voicing you opinions. Most of your opinions had already come to mind, by I haven't been able to try most of them, or if I had I probably didn't know it.

BTW, my setup is: 1. 1957 VOS Gibson Les Paul
2. Dean CFH
3. Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
4. Soldano Avenger 100w (oh I know you're jealous)
5. MXR EVH Chorus
6. BBE Sonic Maximizer

(oh I know you're jealous)

I don't think you tried to sound like a dick, but you just made a bunch of people not want to help you with that comment. Anyway I say SD 59, they're great.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell.

It's a misnomer, don't be confused.

Cleanest pickup out there. Clear, glassy. It's nice.

+1

Duncan Stagg Mag is worth a look/listen too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
+1

Duncan Stagg Mag is worth a look/listen too.

Yeah, a "+1" by Steven. Nice.

If you can find Gretsch mini-humbuckers (I had to go to the biggest Gretsch distributor in the friggin world to find them without buying a guitar!) they're cleaner than anything you've ever heard... a lot of people think I'm playing an acoustic-electric from those pickups.
Quote by Danno13
PROTIP: With guitars, you can go ahead and add the "Ed." to "Special"

My gear:
1964 Gibson SG
2007 Gretsch Electromatic
Washburn Acoustic-Electric
Some Fender amp
1967 Encore pile of dung
Forgot about the Humbucker from Hell honestly... I know a friend that paired one with a Super D in a Les Paul he used to have. The clean tone on it was outstanding, and very smooth. I'm not huge on DiMarzio, but they are nice pickups. I would imagine it would go well in that mahogany Dean.
Ibanez V7. One came stocked on my guitar and it blows me away. The tone is bright yet creamy, responsive yet calm. It sounds really great and works well as a contrast to any other humbucker.

But the Ibanez V8 sucks dick.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.